AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information regarding this feature on other makes of receivers. If anyone has heard whether the new models from Denon, Marantz, etc will offer a similar feature please post. I currently own a Denon 1403 that is about 7 years old. I'm getting the upgrade bug and everyone that has the Pioneer's seem to think it's great.

Thanks is advance for the input.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies, I will be running the receiver with B&W 603s3's, was wondering how people characterize the yamaha sound - warm, bright, or if anyone has any input on how they would match with my speakers.

thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks.

So while feeding 2 channel analogue to a Pioneer receiver, MCACC is employed but while using six channel analogue inputs (SACD), MCACC is bypassed....right....!

But if this is true then it also means that Pioneer receivers are probably converting those analoge signals back to digital, before MCACC is applied to those signals. Any thoughts on this.......

Rhoniel

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Exactly, Rhoniel. For BM&TA (and MCACC for sure, as the processing is in DSP) analog signal has to be converted to digital, as well as in all other receivers, including Yamaha's, for the same purpose except of MCACC (it is a reason why I am talking everywhere not only about DACs and DSPs, but ADCs as well) ... This is also why i-link is a GREAT feature ... in addition to SACD and DVD-A support and jitterless transmission in i-link.

·
Registered
350 Posts
There is no denying that iLink is a great feature but we sure need more receivers, preamps and source players having iLink.

What do you think Gordon, which receiver has better DACs, Pioneer 45TX / 55TXi or Denon 3803? I intend to use one of these receiver as preamp only.

Rhoniel

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.