AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to setup my MCE to recognize that I use 7 speakers and for some reason I am getting no test or sound from my speakers. The only way I can get sound from MCE is by selecting that I have only 5 speakers. I use a Onkyo 7.1 system and pass my audio from my Chaintech to the receiver via opical audio cable. How come I cannot select 7.1 in MCE and get sound???

Please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure I understand completely. I ran the software again that came with chaintech av710 and chose 7 speaker setup and then opened MCE after reboot and still no audio after choosing 7 speaker in MCE.....???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe we have different software? I use the program called Audio Deck, which has a VIA company marking on it, to select my 5.1 output via SPDIF. I only need to do this once, unless my setting somehow get changed by another program.

If you dont have that installed, I would look through you install disks that came with the card or on the company website I guess.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Chaintech 710. The issue isn't # of speakers, it's method of output. The 5.1 and 7.1 speaker setup options are for using the analog outputs on the back of the card, with the card decoding the surround signal. You do not want that - you want to select that output method that allows SPDIF digital optical output and not worry about # of speakers, as your receiver will be doing the surround decoding. I messed around with the various settings several times over a couple nights and it was pretty darn late when I finally got everything working, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. If I recall correctly, I also needed to select the SPDIF output on my Theater Tek DVD playback software, too.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but I would appreciate if someone could recommend the best (i.e. most stable) driver for simple SPDIF/pass through for TT and XP Pro SP2 (which is probably the same for MCE, correct?).

Thanks much!

_____

Axel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.