AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MCE was working fine this morning until I ran all the patches and Updates....then it just stopped working. Lost my config of my tuners and my remote won't work.

Here is what I have:

Hauppauge PVR500 (Driver ver 2.0.30.23074)

(Tuner 1 is saying now that it is code 10 and not working - Tuner 2 is working fine)

Microsoft eHome (Driver 5.1.2600.2709)

DishNet 301-010 Reeceiver with no remote (us a universal remote)

I have reloaded the computer and it still doesn't work and by not working what I mean is:

1. When I try and send the IR command to the unit (on discovery phase) no matter what code I choose it fails. I have tried send ok, no ok, 3 digit, 4 digit, change IR Cable.

2. I can not get the PVR500 tuner 1 to show up as working

The IR cable is plugged in channel 1 and it hasn't moved (in the middle of the three eyes on the 301 Unit).

Any ideas?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can't offer any advice except to start from scratch. You know that will work.... or try rolling back the updates using the "Add/Remove Software" option under Control Panel.

This is exactly the reason I DO NOT update my media PC. But because I don't patch it, I NEVER surf the Net, read email, or do any kind of general computing on it either. I use it like my Tivo. It's a closed system. As long as it's running stable, I don't mess with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.