AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I installed MCE 2005 on a machine with an ATI 9000 card.

It complained about the card until I installed the latest 4.10 ATI drivers.

I installed my WINDVD version 5 platinum after that and it tried to play in MCE but said video error. Or it says that it's playing but it's just a black screen and pausing the play shows that it hasn't advanced any.

Plays fine in Windvd.

It seems so close, yet doesn't work.

Do I REALLY have to upgrade something here?

Or is there a quick fix to this error?

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Does your PC meet all teh hardware and software requirements for MCE 2005?

I'm betting we'll see literally hundreds of posts here saying this same thing over teh next few months.

This is the reason MS should NEVER have decided to sell MCE seperately from the controlled environment of the OEMs.

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

Installed the newest WinDVD 6 software from Intervideo after uninstalling my WinDVD 5 platinum version.

Now I get video, but it's coloring is all redish and there is a line of junk on the bottom of the picture.

WHAT does it take? Is this a video card/video driver problem with ATI or is it a problem in MCE? Or is it WindDVD 6?

I really don't see the need to spend another $39 at intervideo if it's not going to work anyway. Or another larger amount of money on a new video card just to play back my DVDs...

Any ideas?

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HA!

Got it to work.

Don't know what the hell I did, but now the color is on.

I ended up downloading DxMan and using it to unregister a bunch of intervideo driver stuff.

Then I went into the InterVideo folder and regsvr32'ed every ocx, ax and dll in there.

I ended up with one less Intervideo Video Decoder as shown by DxMan...

I'm wondering if my previous install of WinDVD 5.0 messed it up.

Somewhere in the middle I tried to register some files relating to nvdvd too. But that never worked since all I did was download the patch for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.