AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a generic MCE Remote off ebay for $11 shipped, mostly just for the IR Receiver so I could use my Harmony. The remote actually works great, and I've already got all the commands mapped into the Harmony. All the buttons work fine in 7MC, however when I use it in Media Portal, most of the play control buttons don't anything. The only ones that work are the Fast Forward and Reverse. Play/Pause/Stop don't do anything. The other buttons work fine (up, down, back, etc) but those are just Windows key commands and work with any app. I have the "Use MCE Remote" option checked in the setting, and I left the default mappings since they assign whats expected. However I can't find any way to manually map commands.

Anyone else experience this kind of problem or know how to get the rest of my buttons working?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've seen behavior like this in MP its usually selecting mce remote fixes it in media portal. I just set it up today and had the same problem changed to mce and way it went no problems!

·
Registered
21 Posts
This has been discussed ad nauseam over at the MediaPortal forums. And, there are a number of people who have been able to get the remote working properly in Windows 7. Downloading the up-to-date version of IRTrans Server Suite from the MediaPoral forums is just one of the different fixes that have led to some success.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If nothing else works, HIP or similar will work for mapping. There's another program or two similar to HIP, but I've found HIP simple to use and gets the job done.

I have a generic MCE remote. It looks like one, but apparently it's not a true Microsoft one or whatever, so the buttons other than arrows and enter are hit-or-miss, be it MediaPortal, GBPVR, or whatever else I've tried with it. I don't think a generic one like mine will properly work without mapping some stuff with HIP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts