AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I am about to throw my newly built HTPC out the window, I really need help here;

Configuration:

Q6600 quad

4 gigs of Ram

Vista 32 MCE

Sapphire 4830 with HDMI output to a 1080p Projector Sanyo Z700

HD; 1 640 2 1 TB 1 1.5 TB.

Silicon Dust HDhomerun

Plenty of horsepower for anything:

Yet, stutter, stutter, stutter; Live tv SD or HD, recorded TV, SD dvd or Blueray.

No stutter with a Pan 35 BD player with SD or BR, so it is not the projector.

Using Cat 8.12 drivers I have tried every setting and every frequency combo;

1080x24 hz, 25hz, 30 hz, 50hz, 60hz, 85hzno change! Tryed changing de-interlace settings...no chance.

No idea what I am doing wrong, what freq should live tv off of Comcast be?

What freq should SD dvds be?

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Nhilar

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Have you tried 1080i with the DVDs instead of 1080p?

This should reduce the load on the graphics card by letting the PJ do the de-interlacing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Borrowed from an old thread that helped me with the same problem.

In FFDShow, go down to the bottom and select Output. Make sure the following are unchecked:

I420/IYUV

YUY2

YVYU

UYVY

RGB32

Normally it now ouputs NV12, which doesn't choke the system. Also note, some x264 encodes may give problems.

·
Registered
623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhilar /forum/post/15483295

Okay guys I am about to throw my newly built HTPC out the window, I really need help here;

Configuration:

Q6600 quad

4 gigs of Ram

Vista 32 MCE

Sapphire 4830 with HDMI output to a 1080p Projector Sanyo Z700

HD; 1 640 2 1 TB 1 1.5 TB.

Silicon Dust HDhomerun

Plenty of horsepower for anything:

Yet, stutter, stutter, stutter; Live tv SD or HD, recorded TV, SD dvd or Blueray.

No stutter with a Pan 35 BD player with SD or BR, so it is not the projector.

Using Cat 8.12 drivers I have tried every setting and every frequency combo;

1080x24 hz, 25hz, 30 hz, 50hz, 60hz, 85hzno change! Tryed changing de-interlace settings...no chance.

No idea what I am doing wrong, what freq should live tv off of Comcast be?

What freq should SD dvds be?

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Nhilar

I've given up on ATI cards for HTPC. Only one I've managed to get to work without stutter is the HD 3450. And I can't get HDMI sound to work properly.

I put an EVGA Geforce 9400 GT in my system and it works great. I only briefly tested it with the S/PDIF cable and HDMI sound and it worked! I'm going to buy another and put it in my main media center system. The one I have is in my "productivity system" but I record and watch HD OTA programs on it too. Using PC line out for sound. DVI for video.

Good thing is the cards are not expensive. But you DO NOT get the S/PDIF cable with them. So you'll have to find one if you go that route.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm having the same problem and I don't know why. I have a very powerful system, e8400 dual core overclocked to 3.6ghz, 4 gigs of ram running vista 64 and a ati 4850 card (catalyst 8.12)

When I play even higher bitrate 720p mkv's in vista media center I get stuttering and sound problems but the lower bitrate ones are fine. The funny thing is I just redid my computer and these same ones used to play fine - even 1080p ones.

I've tried the on screen display fix and the ones suggested above but no luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts