AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running XP Media Center Edition and when I select "My TV" I get a generic message "Video Error: ..." If I try to start "Manual Record" I get another errormessage with error code 776

Everything else in Media Center (including DVD playback - using NVDVD 2.27 decoder, and remote control - using the Philips OEM from newegg) works like a charm.

I'm using the AverMedia M179 Card, and tried various uninstall / reboot / istall sequences of the drivers on the CD (which are the same as the ones posted on machineroom.org. They show up as 1.1.0.1 dated 2/21/2003 in device manager for "PVR-PCI, AverMedia MPEG Capture Device") without luck. Also the supplied software is so barebones... I can't even test the card outside Media Center.

The rest of my setup is:

A7n8X Dlx (all updates from Asus including Bios 1003, NForce2 1.16) , XP 2400+, Radeon 9500 Pro (with Catalyst 3.2 drivers).

Anyone succesfull building a MCE setup with the AverMedia M179 card ?

What software could I use to test the Card outside Media Center ?

Any help or hints on how to troubleshoot this one are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Check the hardware requirements for MCE, it only supports certain TV tuner cards. There is a reason why MS didn't release MCE to the public, only to OEMs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by olyar15
Check the hardware requirements for MCE, it only supports certain TV tuner cards. There is a reason why MS didn't release MCE to the public, only to OEMs.
The AverMedia is one of the 3 cards (together with Haupage 250 and 350) that does H/W based MPEG2 Encoding... and is supported for MCE according to www.machineroom.org. The Driver CD that comes with it even specifically say's for MCE. Do you have data that this card is not supported ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.