AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the SDTV tuner in the Sasem will work within MCE2005? I am asking because I have both the Sasem and Fusion 3. It appears as though the Fusion 3 works in MCE2005, but one needs a supported analog card in there as well. I am hoping the Sasem will fill that void so I don't have to go get a PVR-250MCE.

Anyone?

-Beef

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

I'm going to be testing it out tonight, so I guess it's not that imperative that someone answer. I guess I could always answer it myself!

On a side note, I found the PVR-150MCE for $65, so I'm not sweating it if the Sasem doesn't work out. I'm sure there will be someone that wants to buy it from me should the PVR-150 + Fusion 3 get me where I want to be (pun intended) :)

-Beef

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's what I've found out. I ran a couple of experiments.

First off, I tried a clean install of MCE2k5, and instaleld the Sasem drivers and software. The SDTV tuner in the Sasem works with MCE2005. The HDTV does not since it doesn't have BDA drivers yet.

Now, I was getting excited because I took my Fusion 3 Gold-Q (version just before -T). I installed this card in hopes that the analog tuner in the Sasem would work and the HD tuner in the Fusion would work to give me one program to watch all TV.

Unfortunately, as soon as I installed the Fusion 3, MCE no longer saw a "compatible tuner" at all. I tried some registry tweek I found here in another thread, but the tweak was already taken care of (I didn't do anything, yet the value was set as specified in the thread). So, I removed the Fusion 3, and BAM, the Sasem was working again.

To make this more interesting, if I killed Media Center program, and ran each card's tuner software, everything appeared to be working (but I can't verify this since I didn't have the cable hooked up.

I am considering buying a PVR-150MCE for $65 if I can then get my Fusion 3 to work in HD (reading the unencrypted QAM channels from my local cable provider).

-Beef

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beefcake - how do you get the Sasem to work on MCE 2005? I have one and tried the same thing you did, but whenever I went to "TV" on MCE, it told me something to the effect that the tuner was incompatible. This happened whether it was on digital or analog. So, I reinstalled XP without MCE2005. Did you do a registry hack or something for MCE to see and operate the On Air tuner? ( I'm assuming you're talking about the On Air USB? ).

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's what I did...

Clean install of WinXP MCE 2005

Installed nVidia nforce drivers (for chipset)

Installed ATI Catalyst drivers for MCE

Installed driver and software for Sasem OnAir USB HDTV

Plugged in Sasem

Ran windows update and installed the HDTV Update for MCE (optional, so you have to select it on purpose).

Ran MCE and went to setup.....that's all.

Keep in mind I have no other tuners in the system. I also didn't have to apply the reg hack as it was already done for me.

Hope this helps.

-Beef

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.