AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a replay tv in my living room and also have my pc there. I am looking into getting the new windows media center edition pc.

If so is there a way to work both units at same time, or should I move the replay tv to another room?

does coax go direct into pc like replay?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
49 Posts
joem1211,

Maybe I can help out a little here. I have two Replays and two MCE 2004 boxes. The significant difference between 2004 and 2005 is the ability to have multiple capture cards in the 2005 box.

I assume that since you mentioned coax that you are running straight cable into your Replay. Assuming that you have multiple inputs into your television you have several options. A simple method (but not necessarily the best quality) would be to leave your Replay setup as is, however split your cable and run one input into your Replay and the second into your MCE capture card.

Your MCE box would then connect into your Televsion via composite or SVideo from the output of your video card. Now if you are using a cable box or satellite receiver, then things get a little more comlex.

Let us know what you are trying to configure and we will try and give you some options.

Jup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.