AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a McIntosh MC2200 at a local garage sale for 50 dollars. I have always wanted McIntosh buit never could afford it. I plan on using this amp for my sub. Can anyone fill me in on the peice of equipment? At 50 bucks I didn't expect the owner manual.

Thanks,

AWK

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
AWK

Can't tell you anything about it other than when I saw your post I found, using Google, one for $2500. I'm going to reconsider my old garage sale habits of years past. WOW.

Bruce

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hooked it up using my Old Onkyo as the pre-amp. The gains were a bit dirty. Cleaned them up with a few twists and rocked on! Nice full sound, pretty good for the money. It has 4 lights on the front, two "normal and two "limit". I could get the normal light to do anything. I did manage to get the "limit" light to flash once. I wondering if the normal lights are inop?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know if there is a website for Old McIntosh users? I haven't been able to locate one. I know there is a sight for Klipsch.

AWK

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rodH, Thanks for the site. I like to understand the history of a company and this site does just that. One spec that I'm not sure of is the dampening factor. Not sure what it means. I'm amazed at the special limited production commercial equipment McIntosh has made, - pretty neat stuff.

I was thinking of selling this piece. Know I'm thinking that it would make a great subwoofer amp with loads of power and nostilga.

AWK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.