AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and wanted to get some feedback. I looked around for topics on this and didn't really see too much that helped out. I am looking to buy an amp for a Home Theater that I will be building out. I have a local rep that is telling me that Mcintosh is great equipment. I would probably go with a 7 channel system and that has led me to the MC8207 and MC207. From their website I am not seeing much of a difference other than one having a digital front. Is there any other difference that I should note?

I am looking to power the Klipsch THX Ultra 2 system. I am sure that there are much better speakers out there but I have always enjoyed the sound that Klipsch puts out. This would be used for 99.9% movies.

I appreciate the insight and help ahead of time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Slight update. I am looking at the b&w ct700 series for speakers. Again any insight as to the difference between these two amps?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seems like a pretty big jump in price if they are the same product? i wonder if there would be resell issues down the road to go with the 8207 since most of their stuff has a different look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts