AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to complete the Audio side of my theater. Just put in DPI Titan Ref 1080P 3D, with Stewart Cinecurve.

Currently Have a pair of Revel Salons for Front Stage, wanting to complete speakers with Revel.

My question is should I go with the McIntosh MX150 and appropriate McIntosh amplification or go with the Levinson No 502 and appropriate Levinson amplification?

I know the Levinson is going to cost more, but want to make the best decision

Any input is welcome

·
Registered
573 Posts
We have our McIntosh setup dialed in now, our McIntosh rack is awesome. The preamp sounds extremely good, the room correction is really slick. It does take some time to setup, but once it is done, it is phenomenal. I would go the McIntosh way, it is more current and has all the latest bells and whistles. Their other gear is also good.

McIntosh and Revel are a great combo.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarchie /forum/post/19586876

Looking to complete the Audio side of my theater. Just put in DPI Titan Ref 1080P 3D, with Stewart Cinecurve.

Currently Have a pair of Revel Salons for Front Stage, wanting to complete speakers with Revel.

My question is should I go with the McIntosh MX150 and appropriate McIntosh amplification or go with the Levinson No 502 and appropriate Levinson amplification?

I know the Levinson is going to cost more, but want to make the best decision

Any input is welcome

I have the MX150. The best processor I have owned to date. No experience with the Levinson.

·
Premium Member
4,966 Posts
I think you should put the Classe SSP800 or CT-SSP on your short list.

·
Premium Member
5,269 Posts
Classe SSP800 with Classe amps I think would go toe to toe with McIntosh or M.Levinson. The ADA combo should be brought into the mix for sure. The Rhapsondy is getting some rather good marks but what is not being talked about is thier amps. Thier high end [high dollar] amps are very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.