AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to use the MyHD MDP-100 to capture analog channels. And having a rough time with it.

The biggest problem is audio lag. By the end of the show, the audio and video are about 2-3 seconds off of each other (video happens, 2-3 seconds later, the audio happens). No clue why this is happening.

Also, I can't seem to get it to work in the upper resolutions. I've got a pretty buff system, but the 720x480 resolution just dies on me. I have to use 350x288 or so to get a good recording. And I use the term good loosely - there seems to be a LOT of noise in the signal. Anyone got any ideas on how to clean this up a bit?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Capturing Analog is not the 100's forte. The focus is on digital with analog as just an add-on. You'll have better luck with an analog only card for what you are doing.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
You didn't say anything about the CPU you are using. I had much the same experience with a 1 GHz PIII. Audio synch seems to be better if you use the cable over the wave pci audio. I was only able to get to 480 by 640 when I moved to a 2.4 GHz P4, and that was with the RGB16 setting.

As richard said, better to do your SD recording with a seperate card.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grrr... that's what I thought. Thanks for the info guys.

jkaiser: The thing is, I am using a 2.4 GHz P4 :(

I'll check out the audio settings like you suggested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.