AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying this a few weeks ago and dismissing it because I got interference in the picture, I tried sending the output from my 4DTV receiver to my MyHD card and with this different cable, I am SO IMPRESSED in the quality of the picture, it blows away my Dscaler (granted, I just started tweaking the Dscaler settings), I have to say, this looks FANTASTIC. I just had one question, is there any way to capture video from the S-video input on the MyHD card? When I click on record, I just get an error, is there something that I am missing?

Even if I cannot time-shift the s-video in, I am still impressed with the picture that it is still worth using it, no biggie.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone try using the s-video in? Is recording of it a bug?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cliff, after installing the Divx codec, I am able to capture video, but still not able to capture audio. I attached the breakout cable to my M-audio Delta 410, but in the options of the MyHD app, it shows wave in the analog audio capture and M-audio SPDIF as the digital capture for the audio. Could you help me in the setup?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Jim,

I don't have the Delta 410 installed in my HTPC so I can't help with the setup.

Try to find settings on the Delta control panel that will allow you to record audio with the Windows Recorder. Once you find that setup you should be able to use Wave In in MyHD control panel to capture with audio.

The problem with M Audio cards is that they don't have the mixer exposed to the windows operating system and that is what VFW used for audio.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, that did it Cliff, I now have audio in my recordings but the hardest thing is to play them back, I wish that MIT would fix that but in the mean time, Dscaler plays them back fine (with monitor mixer checked), other players do not have sound (WIndows Media Player, PowerDVD, WinDVD)

I guess that having a "professional" soundcard makes using consumer based apps more difficult to use huh?

I am now trying to record thru the Svideo for Timeshifting purposes, should it work? My timer will go off at 4pm this afternoon to test it, hopefully without a hitch.

Thanks again for your help,

Jim

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"I am now trying to record thru the Svideo for Timeshifting purposes, should it work? My timer will go off at 4pm this afternoon to test it, hopefully without a hitch."

Jim,

I really don't know because I've never setup a scheduled recording from S-Video input.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cliff, it worked fine, uses about 5.4gigs/hr with a pretty high quality Divx compression. Hey Cliff, next time you email MIT, could you ask them for an option to name the file similar to the normal recordings? For example, they only allow date and time, maybe to include the Title? It would make it easier to find the show that I recorded if the name was there too. Of course the ability to play back the files thru the MyHD card would be nice also. Thanks again for your time, it worked out great!

Jim

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Jim,

Are you using the beta software?

With beta2 the add capture reservation dialog for S-Video has a title bar at the top and the menu for folder and file name offers the option for title naming (in addition to none and time/date).

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am using the beta .13 software and it gives the option of none or time/date and folder(which I do not use) but no title option. I never tried the last beta software yet, does this fix this problem?

Jim

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vfrjim
I am using the beta .13 software and it gives the option of none or time/date and folder(which I do not use) but no title option. I never tried the last beta software yet, does this fix this problem?

Jim
Jim,

Yes that is the version I found had title option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.