AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MDP 120 cannot pick up my local NBC station. It recognizes that there is a channel there, but always reverts to saying 'No Signal.' My Samsung set-top box picks it up just fine. Is the PC card simply not as 'sensitive' as the samsung, or might there be something wrong?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have found the MDP-120 to be quite good. It tunes in stations that are in the complete opposite direction that my antenna points. Are you using a splitter, joiner, or amp? The cable, connectors or other inline equipment could have a problem.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ditto. My experience was mixed, however, until I got a Zenith Silver sensor. Great little antenna. Actually beats my rooftop antenna's performance, believe it or not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my experience the MyHD-120 has a better tuner than the Samsung 151 box that I tried for the same antenna (Silver Sensor). I had fewer breakups or lost signal with the MyHD although the "signal strength" was lower than the 151.

An outdoor CM3021(4225) fixed all issues wrt to signal quality and occasional breakups.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm using a large outdoor directional antenna...no splitters in the line. That surprises me that some people say they're mdp-120's do better. My set top box recieves NBC without any breakups while the card doesn't get it at all.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
At times, I have the same issue with WRC-DTV 48 out of DC...Hughes E-86 reports a good signal, while MyHD-100 doesn't...although I will say that out of all the DC stations, WRC transmission signal is extremely inconsisent....sometimes the Hughes reports a weak signal as well. I was told by an antenna installer that the WRC tower has some terrain problems which can make reception tricky.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
At times, I have the same issue with WRC-DTV 48 out of DC...Hughes E-86 reports a good signal, while MyHD-100 doesn't...although I will say that out of all the DC stations, WRC transmission signal is extremely inconsisent....sometimes the Hughes reports a weak signal as well. I was told by an antenna installer that the WRC tower has some terrain problems which can make reception tricky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.