AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Further, there seems to be no option for capturing at full 720P or 1080i resolutions; the best offered is 720x480, or enhanced DTV resolution."

The quote aboce came from a review of the MDP-120. Can any owners

verify if this is true? The article also says that playback does not always

work to well. Sometimes black screen or no sound. Also locks up box

sometimes while recording. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Thanks,

Wayne

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I think that the reviewer is confused. If you are capturing an *analog* source that's input into the MDP-120, then you are of course limited to non-HD resolutions, because that's what's being input into the device.

But, you can *record* HD resolution material. I did it on Monday night -- recorded Monday Night Football, and watch it Tuesday night. The MDP-120 basically records the incoming stream coming from the antenna.

I have had my unit for about 3 weeks now. No problems like black screen or no sound, or lock ups. The only issue I had was that I'd have infrequent sound drop outs for a few seconds, but as soon as I connected my preamp directly to the coaxial digital sound output on the back of the card (as opposed to my sound card's output), that problem went away.

The way you schedule recordings and play them back isn't Tivo-slick, but it does work well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.