AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone may be able to help me. I have the MDP120 minus dvi daughter board installed on a dell optiplex110 FW reva08 running Win2k SP4 with an Nvidia 64 meg card. The reception and pq on attached DLp via D sub15 is exceptional. The problem is my machine will not shutdown, and eventually reboots after hanging for sometime upon attempted shutdown. If I remove the card from add/remove hardware the os will shutdown normally. When I reinstall the OS will shutdown once, but once rebooted ( and I assume the registry is written to) it will go back to hanging on shutdown.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am using the latest driver/app version from Mit's page.

Help Please :(

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yes. It happens with older versions of the MyHD software (1.60) as well. I have always had the card installed on a machine that has SP4 so I can't say if it is causing the problem. I am also using a 64 MB Nvidia card, TNT 2, so that could be the problem.

It does appear that Windows has shut down fully it just can't get to the last bit of actually turning the PC off. I haven't noticed any ill effects from just killing the PC with its power switch once it hangs.

It doesn't always occur. It seems that only after viewing a recording do I have the shutdown problem. If all I do is watch live TV the PC shuts down correctly.

I don't have a solution, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. My workaround is to kill the system with the power switch when it hangs.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I think you all have a screwed-up win2k problem. I had this problem as well but it had nothing to do with the video card. I reinstalled win2k clean and problem went away. If you had a clean win2k install and a clean MyHD install (and still have this issue) then send back the card.

BTW, I am using Win XP now now on my MyHD system and there are a few other quirks but this is not one of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.