AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Previously I had posted my recorder only recorded the first program and refused to record the second program.  Today it did not record either program that had been recording along for the past year. I turned the recorder off and waited for a few minutes.  When I turned it on again a red box appeared telling me to shut the recorder off.  I did this waited 10 minutes and now the unit will not turn on at all.  Short life span on this recorder (purchased July 2012).  Out of warranty, I am sure it is too expensive to repair!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I tried the soft reset.  When the recorder came back on it displayed both recorded shows that did not appear before.  Strange.  I checked and doubled checked before. The programs were not there and the little box for the time recording did not display a code.  Previously, to this problem the little box displayed E48 in the second program that did not record. This recorder is acting strangely and I no longer trust it.  The big red box appearing telling me to turn it off is very alarming.  I tried both recorded programs and they work fine.  Do you have any idea what is going on with this recorder?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thank you for the insight on the E48 code.  I will try my normal two program record tomorrow.  Depending on how the recorder reacts will depend on how I will proceed. But, judging by last week and today I do not hold out much hope.   Thank you for the quick links to the diagrams and precautions (very helpful).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks.  I looked at the recorder today and four shows did show that they recorded.  Two from yesterday and two from today.  I normally record only two shows daily so this recorder gets light duty.

I am hopeful that it will continue to operate properly but these last two weeks have seen it share of ups and downs.  Some days only one show is recorded other days none.  One day I shut the unit off and then back on again the recorded show did show up.  I find this very strange.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I tried today and it displayed only the second recorded show and an E48 for the first recorded show.  It seems strange to me that the operating system can find the HDD sometimes and other times it can not.   Is that the HDD being lost or the operating system being lost?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts