AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anybody have any information on how remotely measure power, gaz and water consumption ? And link it to any home automation system.

The idea is to make some nice graphics that show the evolution of the energy consumption.

Thanks,

Soitjes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
you may want to look at Crestron's website under green light or do a search. On their website, there was a "green" house on there that demostrated this. In addition to this, I know there have been programmers that have done this very thing using relays and I/O's to monitor energy consumption by day/week/& month for electrical and water. THey have also done things where it shows how much you are saving by utilizing crestron equipment. I've never personally done it but i do know it can be done used to display graphs for comparisons. Maybe worth a look....

Good Luck with it

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Brultech makes a module to measure power consumption, a ton of CQC'ers are using it.

Me, i've bought a Brultech, but I need an electrician to install it. I have about $2K of other electrician work to get done, so i'm waiting until I can find $2K to get it all done at once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts