AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mech Assault, is it any fun without X-box live?

Can you do split screen multi-player , (or linked multi-player for that matter?)

The ads look good, but I heaven't tried it yet...

I don't have any high speed internet in my area, so LIVE is not a selling feature to me.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I didn't care much for it myself. I found it to be rather repetitive & in the button mashing genera.

It shows Xbox System Link on the box, hows that for a rare title! Here is a link to the Xbox Forums in case you have never been there. It has 122,000+ users with opinions on all of the games. I visit there every few days.
Forums Xbox.com

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think the big problem with Mech Assault is how quickly the learning curve levels off--play it for a few days and you've pretty much experienced its depths (or, rather, the lack thereof).

Too shallow by far, but fun while it lasts.

As for 1P mode, well, I wouldn't even bother with it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This game is awesome with Xbox live, single player would not have much re-playability though. Graphics are also great, good material to show off a really big screen home theater

·
Registered
980 Posts
Anyone who thinks that the learning curve levels off in a few days is obviously a noob (ECM). If you think that you have mastered the game add 'GrandPuba' to your Live friends list and come get a whoopin. Their are an amazing amount of subtilties to this game even though there are only a few buttons. As far as the campaign mode goes, it gets better the further along you get and once you beat the game you get two additional mechs to use. Also there is downloadable content available to add 2 more mechs and 2 more maps to the multiplayer fun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have to agree with DooDoo again. MechAssault has gotten the most playing time of any game I've purchased in the past 2+ years. The single player mode is a blast (but short) and the multiplayer modes are tons of fun either locally or on Xbox Live. If you can get XBL, it adds a ton to the game and its replay value. If no XBL, make sure you have friends to play multiplayer against.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mechassault is a good game by itself but with xbox live its an awesome game. I disagree about the learning curve because it all depends on the mech that you use and once you master one you learn how to use the other mechs some of which can be completely different from one another. The campaign mode itself is good the graphics are nice and the gameplay is pretty sweet .....offline - 89 with xbox live - 96

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought MechAssault was all right. It wasnt great though. It seemed got annoying having to shoot the enemy 73 times before they died. I'm more into stategic and fast paced shooters like Ghost Recon and Unreal games. Not shoot them an insane amount of times till they die while dieing anyway halfway through the process.

·
Registered
980 Posts
New content for MA announced today! It wont be out for 3 weeks but will include 2 new mechs, 2 new maps and CTF mode. You cant beat this game...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Biggest problem with MechAssault is if you only have one xbox and no broadband you only get single-player and two-player (but at least there is the two-player grinder mode, that has you and your buddy go against waves of AI, but only two maps for that).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.