AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't see a thread. But, since everyone is enjoying the new BC2 game, this looks like it may be promising...

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...the-mp-portion

Quote:
Battlefield developer DICE has confirmed that they're working on Medal of Honor's multiplayer, and that they're using Frostbite to do it.


Meanwhile the singleplayer part of the game uses "a heavily-modified Unreal Engine 3". The rebooted Medal of Honor is due this year.


"Guess it is out today," twittered Johan Andersson of EA DICE, reports OXM.


"EALA uses a heavily-modified Unreal Engine 3 for Medal of Honor SP and we, DICE, use Frostbite for the MP portion." The current magazine issue of OXM has Medal of Honor as its cover piece, and made the two engine revelation.


It's not an entirely alien concept as most recently 2K outsourced BioShock 2's multiplayer to Digital Extremes, although they used the same engine I believe. Whatever gets these triple-A projects out the door faster without harming the game, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,357 Posts
They are being very honest about this project. They want to take down CoD and any other war shooter out there. Not often you hear that from devs.


I expect this game will indeed be a good one. Looking forward to it. Should have all the bells and whistles we expect and then some....hopefully.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
This can only be a good thing for FPS gamers.

COD, whatever infinity ward is working on, Halo, what ever Bungie is working on, and now a new MOH project.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer /forum/post/18266340


This can only be a good thing for FPS gamers.

COD, whatever infinity ward is working on, Halo, what ever Bungie is working on, and now a new MOH project.

I agree... Good because the playing field is competitive again. (which should mean better FPS)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now has a release date:


EA today announced that their upcoming shooter, Medal of Honor, which follows a group of Tier 1 Specialists in Afghanistan, will be hitting stores across North America and Europe on October 12th and October 15th respectively.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,297 Posts
While I want to be excited about this I'm actually a little bit annoyed that DICE is working on this.


Besides all the little issues issues with BC2 that still need to be addressed, they've promised to continue supporting it with ongoing DLC. I can't see them doing this if the studio is stretched so thin supporting another franchise -- I'd rather them be working on the next Battlefield game than MoH. I really blame EA for this since they want to cash in on the "modern war shooter" genre since they saw how successful COD has been for Activision and they want to tap into that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
I don't think this is a DICE game. I am pretty sure it's EALA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRich /forum/post/18590592


I don't think this is a DICE game. I am pretty sure it's EALA.

DICE is working on the multiplayer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts
looks like BFBC2 VIP's get the M24 in MOH:2010 from the get go as a bonus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Now that the "Leave a Message" trailer is unveiled to everyone, it says Pre-order now and BETA COMING SOON at the end. I hope the beta is released on all consoles and not just the PS3 like BF:BC2. I understand that Dice ports from the PS3 because it's the hardest to program for, but show some love to your largest console community (Live).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank /forum/post/18265909


They are being very honest about this project. They want to take down CoD and any other war shooter out there. Not often you hear that from devs.


I expect this game will indeed be a good one. Looking forward to it. Should have all the bells and whistles we expect and then some....hopefully.

"Battlefield developer DICE has confirmed that they're working on Medal of Honor's multiplayer, and that they're using Frostbite to do it. "


Then why start off a step behind?? As much as I still enjoy BCBF2, the MP gameplay engine is still very much inferior to MW1/MW2. Not a good start to a stated goal of dethroning them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosef 615 /forum/post/18593155


Now that the "Leave a Message" trailer is unveiled to everyone, it says Pre-order now and BETA COMING SOON at the end. I hope the beta is released on all consoles and not just the PS3 like BF:BC2. I understand that Dice ports from the PS3 because it's the hardest to program for, but show some love to your largest console community (Live).

was i the only one that the trailer made me uncomfortable... maybe it is because i know military people, but i really don't want a videogame to make me think about wives and children getting left behind with no fathers....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami /forum/post/18594288


was i the only one that the trailer made me uncomfortable... maybe it is because i know military people, but i really don't want a videogame to make me think about wives and children getting left behind with no fathers....

I think it just goes along with how EA is involving current/former military personal to more completely and accurately portray the look and feel of the game.


Now, I'm not bashing you in any way. I understand and accept your reaction to the video. Did you enjoy Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers or The Pacific? Did they portray some of the unfortunate sides of war as far as its affects on loved ones? Why not have a video game that is enjoyable while still somewhat portraying that true warfare isn't just perks, weapon accessories, and achievement points...perhaps as an homage to real soldiers.


I think one of the ways that EA is trying to outdo its competitors is that they are trying to make the game much more realistic as far as how it can make you react to various scenes or levels. They are perhaps trying to expand the influence of the medium from an emotional sense.


They did preview the video to military personnel and even a spouse (I think) and they approved it. There's always those that are offended or disagree, but they can vote with their wallets. I liked what they were portraying and my father was in the military for 31 years.


If anything, I remember a certain game that had you running through an airport shooting civilians....doesn't seem that the publicity killed the sales. In the end, it just makes us think and discuss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosef 615 /forum/post/18594445



If anything, I remember a certain game that had you running through an airport shooting civilians....doesn't seem that the publicity killed the sales.

I missed that level in Viva Pinata. I'll have to go back and check again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami /forum/post/18594288


was i the only one that the trailer made me uncomfortable... maybe it is because i know military people, but i really don't want a videogame to make me think about wives and children getting left behind with no fathers....

Personally I thought the preview was pretty awesome. It seems like they might have a character that I can connect to as a real person and not just like him because he wears an outfit that looks kind of cool. Something that might actually make you care a little more about the characters can only be a good thing.


Hopefully this will be as good as early previews look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteoMS /forum/post/18595238


Personally I thought the preview was pretty awesome. It seems like they might have a character that I can connect to as a real person and not just like him because he wears an outfit that looks kind of cool. Something that might actually make you care a little more about the characters can only be a good thing.


Hopefully this will be as good as early previews look.

Agreed.


I think its going to bring awhole new demension to this series, espialy when something happens to hise wife and kids in MOH 2011
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer /forum/post/18595727


Agreed.


I think its going to bring awhole new demension to this series, espialy when something happens to hise wife and kids in MOH 2011

It'll be the neighbor kid that was horribly maimed trying to clean out the gutters on the rickety ladder he didn't want his wife on. I'm calling it now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 /forum/post/18594926


Which in their minds is successful marketing.

Very true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer /forum/post/18595727


Agreed.


I think its going to bring awhole new demension to this series, espialy when something happens to hise wife and kids in MOH 2011

That's already been done before. It was the beginning to the plot of Max Payne.
 
1 - 20 of 544 Posts
Top