AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm not sure what outdoor antenna to get for my area? I have done some research on clearstream4,lava2605,

lava2805, and channel master from Crutchfield. Does anyone have experience with these antenna's and what would work best for my area? Thank you from southern Oregon.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Without knowing exactly where you are, it's hard to say. You'll want to go to TVFool.com and plug in your location, then post the provided link to the results. Then someone here can help.

I will say that if you are in Medford proper, all of the key local stations have UHF signals broadcasting from Baldy east of the city. As such, you could likely use a UHF-only antenna to receive all of the local signals. There are a few signals on Baldy that I would actually be very curious to know what, if anything, they are broadcasting.

- Trip

·
Registered
3,282 Posts

Quote:
have done some research on clearstream4,lava2605, lava2805, and channel master from Crutchfield.

The Lava antennas are cheaply made junk from China with outrageous performance claims intended to ensnare the gullible and naive.

The ClearStream 4 is a very decent UHF antenna. You may or may not need it, it depends on your channel requirements.

Channel Master makes several good antennas but you need to match up your channel needs with any model selected. Crutchfield is a "list price" retailer, you won't get any pricing advantage shopping there when the same antenna is available elsewhere for a lot less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank you, for your info, that was my first belief on the lava's antenna's. I believe all my local channels in my

area are on uhf and mt. baldy is the mountain with all the towers. I'm going to align my older Rca big boy antenna first and if no results probably will go with the clearstream4. thank you in southern Oregon.

·
Registered
416 Posts

@hdtvmedfordfool  what were your results??

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

right now I have an old school big rca antenna. where r u located theducksfan 2010.wondering if the 91xg would be a good fit here in Medford?

·
Registered
416 Posts

I'm in Northern Ca, 90 miles south of Sacramento. But I am from Oregon, have family in Medford. I haven't doing anything with tv reception in Medford since before the digital conversion. On a side note, I used to live 10 miles inland from Yachats (on the central coast) and KOBI 5 was my best station. 1 of only 3, lol.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ever get it up and running?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts