AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1475 Posts

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
What am I supposed to do with this information?

Is this a press release of a press release next week or is a new release coming next week?

·
Registered
714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2  /t/1455591/media-browser-3-is-coming#post_22906701

What am I supposed to do with this information?3

Is this a press release of a press release next week or is a new release coming next week?

On the 4th they will tell you when the press release is.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well I hope for some exciting news. I have a new htpc build that just needs some apps installed, so it would be nice to know if there is something worth waiting on.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
The only things that I can think of are Win 8 comparability or a shift to a XBMC sort of platform.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues  /t/1455591/media-browser-3-is-coming#post_22912736

The only things that I can think of are Win 8 comparability or a shift to a XBMC sort of platform.
It already has windows 8 compatibility. So yeah I think it will be a stand-alone platform shift.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Meh. I have too much copy protected content to break out of the WMC garden so a stand alone player with TV tuner support does nothing for me.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues  /t/1455591/media-browser-3-is-coming/0_40#post_22912736

more streaming support ??

DLNA... bluetooth... how about transcode or plex features ???

Built in scraper ???

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Maybe improvements on that?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Seeing as how we are all throwing speculation.... I would really love if they:

Build a standalone Windows 8 App that included the video playback engine of MPC-HC with full graphical overlays for the video side, and the playback engine of Foobar2k for the audio engine. Throw in a room correction capability, graphical 2 way remote via smartphone/tablet functionality, and the option of a seamless client server setup.

One can dream I guess.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdkhang  /t/1455591/media-browser-3-is-coming#post_22920123

Seeing as how we are all throwing speculation.... I would really love if they:

Build a standalone Windows 8 App that included the video playback engine of MPC-HC with full graphical overlays for the video side, and the playback engine of Foobar2k for the audio engine. Throw in a room correction capability, graphical 2 way remote via smartphone/tablet functionality, and the option of a seamless client server setup.

One can dream I guess.

Sometimes dream do come true

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a few more hours. You guys have made some great points. Many of the features you guys have been speculating may be available from day one. But, keep in mind... MB2 started out small and worked its way up to the great MCE plugin we know today. Now that MCE is more or less unsupported... Its time to UNLEASH Media Browser!!

1 - 20 of 1475 Posts