AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
So this lets you cast content from your android MB3 app to the Chromecast for playback but does not have an on screen display interface itself like Roku, right?

Not to get too far off topic but will the Roku app ever have a search function? Being able to use a touch keyboard on your phone to cast to the Chromecast is pretty advantageous. I think I need to snag one of these little $35 buggers and give it a whirl.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roku search is actively being worked on. There's a new roku release coming soon actually.

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
NICE!

I know this is the chromecast thread but this got me to thinking. When's LiveTV coming to the clients other than the web client?

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Can this stream over the net (like Plex) or is it just on your LAN?

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
I have not had good luck streaming to my android phone over the net but that said, I think it is Sprint. It might be unlimitted but it really isn't if it doesn't have a certain level of quality. When I got My GS4 I said to myself that they had 2 years to get their carp together. It is getting better but I don't know if I want to really wait that long.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, yea we've got some great things going on now. At this point we've got a small army of developers working on all of our apps and the server (and always looking for more). It's pretty exciting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having an issue where I can stream from my server to my phone, but when I try to stream to my ChromeCast, the app freezes up and no video shows on the tv, just the MediaBrowser "ready to cast" screen. This is from a Samsung Galaxy 4, btw.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanSolo  /t/1521027/media-browser-android-launches-chromecast#post_24445360

I'm having an issue where I can stream from my server to my phone, but when I try to stream to my ChromeCast, the app freezes up and no video shows on the tv, just the MediaBrowser "ready to cast" screen. This is from a Samsung Galaxy 4, btw.

Can you post about this in our android support area?

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index.php?/forum/93-android/

Our developers can help you there. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts