AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the best part, it's a completely FREE app:

This new update not only brings chromecast, but also a redesigned video player and a long list of new features and bug fixes. Try it out.

And we have an iPAD app coming from the same developer that is just weeks away at this point.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
What a great release!

The new video player is absolutely outstanding; much, much better with transcoded streams than the previous embedded iOS player used before.

This project amazes me a little bit more every time I look at it.

Congrats on an outstanding release, guys. Can't wait for the iPad app!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I am looking forward to trying the iPad app.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Me too. Iphone is great but screen is too small. Basically useless. Ipad has great resolution with retina screen. If you have the common case you can position it on your chest when laying down and get comfortable- with headphones audio is great too. I do this at night in bed so I don't wake wife with the tv light and sound. I use it often. (Plex)

In an experiment I did it in front of the projector screen (102") and the screen of the ipad completely covers the projector screen from the same viewing distance. Basically the image seems just as large with my near field placement. I use contacts or glasses to see distance. I'm very near sighted. I can see excellent in a very small near field and beyond that it's hopeless without my corrective lenses. I love being able to watch the ipad without my glasses on or my contacts in - it's excellent for before bed viewing. The projector requires glasses (I hate) or contacts (annoying) to see it. I'm sure I might be a unique situation but I find I use the ipad as much as the HTPC and projector. Quality is very good (with plex). I'd love to use mb3 and try the same.

I'm pretty entrenched in plex on my ipad but I'm generally a mb3 supporter so I'm sure I'll have some positive and useful feedback for Luke and the team.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts