AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone-

I am still running WMC with mediabrowser on Win7 because I like it and most of all my family likes Mediabrowser's simplicity of use. I do not want to rock the boat and change it up if i do not have to.

I recently changed the location of the media folders and when I point mediabrowser to the specific folder, it locks up/crashes on start up. I have 6 media folders and 5 work fine, but when I add the "kids movies"(probably the most critical) it does not work.

I looked over at the Mediabrowser site and the forum is not very active and I got errors trying to log in. After some research it may have to do with folder structure or a "virtual folder". I manually looked through 100+ folders and did not see anything unusual. I tried copying the contents to a new folder and renaming the folder with the same result.

Any ideas on what is wrong or how to diagnose it?

Thank you in advance!

Matt

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproost  /t/1471009/media-browser-one-folder-crashing-mb#post_23270754

Hello everyone-

I am still running WMC with mediabrowser on Win7 because I like it and most of all my family likes Mediabrowser's simplicity of use. I do not want to rock the boat and change it up if i do not have to.

I recently changed the location of the media folders and when I point mediabrowser to the specific folder, it locks up/crashes on start up. I have 6 media folders and 5 work fine, but when I add the "kids movies"(probably the most critical) it does not work.

I looked over at the Mediabrowser site and the forum is not very active and I got errors trying to log in. After some research it may have to do with folder structure or a "virtual folder". I manually looked through 100+ folders and did not see anything unusual. I tried copying the contents to a new folder and renaming the folder with the same result.

Any ideas on what is wrong or how to diagnose it?

Thank you in advance!

Matt

Yeah MB forums are fairly quiet (new MB3 in beta and all the devs are working on that) - though more a reflection that MB has been fairly stable since the most recent build - you don't say which build you are running.

Can't really shed a great deal of light on your problem as I've never encountered a similar issue. But did you go into the MB configurator and remove the old locations before setting up the new ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Steelman-

Thank you for the response. I think I am running the latest, version 2.6.2.0. I tried uninstalling and re-installing newest version of MB as one of my trouble shooting steps. Recently, I tried creating a new folder on one of the local machines running MB versus my server. Same issue arose.

The weird thing is I have not added any new files since it last worked O.K. just moved them.

Any ideas?

I really do not want to have to move to plex or something. Plex does not seem to have any issue with the files. I just do not like the UI customizations options in Plex, MCE remotes do not work out of the box, no recorded tv file support, etc...

Thank you!

·
Registered
231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproost  /t/1471009/media-browser-one-folder-crashing-mb#post_23275360

Hello Steelman-

Thank you for the response. I think I am running the latest, version 2.6.2.0. I tried uninstalling and re-installing newest version of MB as one of my trouble shooting steps. Recently, I tried creating a new folder on one of the local machines running MB versus my server. Same issue arose.

The weird thing is I have not added any new files since it last worked O.K. just moved them.

Any ideas?

I really do not want to have to move to plex or something. Plex does not seem to have any issue with the files. I just do not like the UI customizations options in Plex, MCE remotes do not work out of the box, no recorded tv file support, etc...

Thank you!
How do you generate your metadata? I had this issue with earlier versions. Have you looked at the mediabrowser log files? You can see them in a sub-folder in c:\programdata\mediabrowser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.