AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having this issue. I am updated to the current version. I got rid of all the extra themes and plug ins I don't use. My media is on a server over a gigabit connection.

I have like 400 movies and 250 seasons of tv shows. So its not insane but not tiny. Loading into WMC is fine. But when I click on the MB icon it sometimes will take like a whole minute. It sits there and hangs for a while. Every now and then it will lock up.

Is there a setting I can select in MB that will stop it from lagging? I guess I should turn off internet providers as I don't use it.

Its got to the point where I want to try something else because its so slow sometimes.

My system is

i3 550

4 gb ram

40gb intel ssd (boot)

500gb WD blue

·
Registered
107 Posts
never had that issue. i have used a hdd and ssd, both with fast load times.

disable internet providers as you've suggested, and also clear your cache.

maybe do some system maintenance?

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah I guess I could try to clean it up a bit but it just seems like MB is the issue.

My htpc does have quite a bit of stuff installed on it. I would love to do a clean install but don't feel like reinstalling everything.

Still though this may help but I feel like its something else.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin /forum/post/20780726

I have more media than you amd mine is almost instant. Not sure what the problem could be.

Are you running a server yet? Or is your media still stored locally in the machine?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Try clearing the cache with the option to delete all images. MB`s cache sistem is archaic until the move to an SQL db, so it gets bloated and slow on large libraries. Or enable SQL for the cache.

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 /forum/post/20781078

Are you running a server yet? Or is your media still stored locally in the machine?

My media is all stored locally in the machine on 2 x 2TB green hard drives.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys I will try this later today after work. Yesterday I was using it and it was working fast. But I had just rebooted. Normally this htpc only sleeps and never gets restarted. So I am thinking it may have something to do with resuming from sleep.

I will also try waiting a little longer to let it wake up completely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts