AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues getting thumbnails on Media Browser. Is there a trick to this? Out of 55 movies it caught about 10 images. I left it on for about an hour hoping it would continue to collect thumbnails, but no luck.

Scott

· Registered
498 Posts
If you want media browser to handle the metadata (movie and images) you have to properly name the folders that contain video files. It also helps to add a date of the movie release. For example if I have Transformers in a folder in D drive it would look like this: D:\\movies\\Transformers (2007). This format makes the metadata retrieval process much easier.

Another option is to download a metadata downloadeder. I prefer Meta. It's updated regularly and the process is so simple. you can find a download link at the metabrowser forums.

· Registered
701 Posts
I like to use salami's movie organizer and MediaScout together. I use SMO for the initial meta-data retrieval, but MediaScout for posters and media browser backgrounds, besides the fact that mediascout seems to have completely stopped working with their latest beta, it's a great program, at least it will be when it works again.

· Registered
498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtosDracon /forum/post/16854047

I like to use salami's movie organizer and MediaScout together. I use SMO for the initial meta-data retrieval, but MediaScout for posters and media browser backgrounds, besides the fact that mediascout seems to have completely stopped working with their latest beta, it's a great program, at least it will be when it works again.

I like to use mediascout for TV episodes, it works much better than meta as long as you have all your episodes organized correctly.

· Registered
615 Posts
With MediaBrowser going commercial and the flakiness of metabrowser, I'm just waiting for MyMovies3 to come out this fall. MediaBrowser never really acted consistently for me--backgrounds would refuse to show, though they were in the directory. MetaBrowser had this weird thing where it would recognize Kill Bill 1 & 2 as TV shows (probably because they were named Vol I and Vol II), and I never could figure out how to change it to be recognized as movies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.