AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When trying to use the Media Browser trailers plugin I get the following error after clicking play:

Cannot Play Video

Windows Media Center cannot open the file."

the MB Trailer plugin streams m4v files from Apple (I believe)

If I set mpc-hc as the external player for m4v the trailer will play.

Using the WMC internal player, I am able to watch m4v movies I have ripped myself. Running Windows 7 32bit.

Does anyone have any thoughts what I can check? I don't have any codec packs installed and would prefer not to have to install one.

My htpc has been running great for almost a year now (for blu-ray mkv rips). I know when I initially set it up, I did some tweaking here and there - honestly I can't remember exactly what I tweaked. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what settings I can check or what I can do to get these streaming m4v trailers to play in the native WMC player?

Thanks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no thoughts? Maybe codec pack is the way to go?

Pretty sure it must be something simple, just not sure what.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ I don't know, doesn't look like it is built with wmc in mind. Plus, I can play downloaded .mov trailers with no problem. I can play m4v files I have ripped. I just cannot play m4v files being streamed via MB Trailers (which I believe gets the trailers from apple).

·
Registered
250 Posts
did you ever figure this out?

i'm having a similar issue where i can play all the .mov trailers i download in WMP and MPC-HC, but when i try to play them in WMC (either in media browser or directly in the MC video library) i get the same "cannot play video" error.

i also do not have a codec pack installed, but instead just have MPC-HC and ffdshow.

i'd rather not go back to using a pack, if i don't have to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts