AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got windows 7 home premium x64 RTM installed on my HTPC. The HTPC is always on. Each time I switch to my HTPC input on my receiver I get no audio in Media Center. All I have to do is minimize the media center window and then maximize it and the audio is back. On Vista I believe there was an ATI service that could be disabled which would correct the problem but I don't see it listed anymore in Win 7. I'm using HDMI out of an ATI 4550 video card. 5.1 audio plays fine once I go through the minimize/maximize process. Anyone else having this issue or know how to correct it? Thanks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I used to have a similar problem in Vista and I had to power cycle the receiver for the HDMI to be re-initialised. I believe some people used a utility called HdmiOn to do this

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1DIMMER /forum/post/17046560

I've got windows 7 home premium x64 RTM installed on my HTPC. The HTPC is always on. Each time I switch to my HTPC input on my receiver I get no audio in Media Center. All I have to do is minimize the media center window and then maximize it and the audio is back. On Vista I believe there was an ATI service that could be disabled which would correct the problem but I don't see it listed anymore in Win 7. I'm using HDMI out of an ATI 4550 video card. 5.1 audio plays fine once I go through the minimize/maximize process. Anyone else having this issue or know how to correct it? Thanks.

Yes, it is in my Win7 RTM x86. It is in the Manage, AMD... (not ATI for a while) under Service and Application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts