AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Mitsubishi DLP HDTV, WD-Y57. Unfortunately the 360 does not work with the DVI input, so I am forced to use the component inpput.

My problem involves using the 360 as a media center extender. It displays at 1080i, which is nice for viewing pictures, but when I watch Live TV, it is zoomed in and cuts off the top and bottom of the picture. When the TV is fed a 1080i signal, the only options I have for screen formats are Standard (16x9) and Wide Expand. Narrow (with bars on the side) is not selectable.

With my old tv (a sd 46") this issue never came up. I dont like viewing standard tv with the top and bottom cut off, but I like using the 360 as a media center extender for the dvr functionality. Is their any known way around this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The screen formats I mentioned above are for my TV. I did not realize the Media Center Extender for the 360 had any zoom selections. I do know that when you watch a standard def dvd in the 360, it has three screen format options. So you are saying the media center has options like that? I will have to check that out, thank you.

·
Registered
532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyKev /forum/post/0

The screen formats I mentioned above are for my TV. I did not realize the Media Center Extender for the 360 had any zoom selections. I do know that when you watch a standard def dvd in the 360, it has three screen format options. So you are saying the media center has options like that? I will have to check that out, thank you.

Yes, there are several modes within the Media Center to choose from. I don't recall exactly how to get to them and I'm at work (without my Media Center box) unfortunately. I think it was under "Settings" in the Media Center playback though.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyKev /forum/post/0

Use the Info button on your Media Center remote. Then you will see a zoom function that allows you to choose from different options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.