AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased an upgrade for my vista basic to premium. i basically done this so that i could get the window media center. for those who have it do you see a big advantage in having it? i have been using window media player 11 and orb to view my media and was just wondering that when i start using wmc if i will be gaining anything new.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I have Window Media Center, but for Windows XP. I'm truthfully not sure what the full difference is between having WMC or just downloading the Windows Media Extender. I access my puter through my 360 for music, pictures, and movies that are in an electronic format.

For using WMC on my PC, the biggest difference for me is simpy the interface, which allows you to view and find music, pictures, videos, in an easy format.

-JR

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If all you do is stream music, photo, and video files from the PC HDD, there is a bit of difference in the interface and functionality, most notable the album art vs the visualization.

If you want to stream live TV or programs recorded via Media center or if you want to stream internet video or audio, if you want to control your home automation network, if you want to surf the internet, if you want to do any of the dozens of things that MCE plug-ins enable, then there is a *big* difference.

To begin to appreciate what you bought into, check here:
http://thegreenbutton.com/default.aspx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts