13,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/18459399

I had these K-Drama download sites bookmarked - you can try them:

Aja-Aja.com

dlaznmovies.com

MySoju.com

Viikii.net.

Thanks, I'll check them out. I found D-J-Y on the local PBS station 2 yrs ago when they played the whole cycle, 2 episodes per week. Problem was I came in at episode 40, so I would like to see what happened in the beginning.

·
Registered
350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/18459399

I had these K-Drama download sites bookmarked - you can try them:

Aja-Aja.com

dlaznmovies.com

MySoju.com

Viikii.net.

Never any guarantees of English subtitling, although I would think someone would have them for something as in demand and popular as that.

If you want to buy it on DVD, I can probably find that out, too, but most K-Dramas are generally way overpriced. I'm guessing a longer, extremely popular series like that will cost some insane amount like $300.00 for a good print (with English subs) - but I could be wrong.

Ok Aja-aja.com is a great site to d/l from but they went private because were linking from their megaupload links. I have no idea what dlasnmovies.com is but the other 2 are streaming sites. As far as I know who can watch korean dramas online with subtitles. The Viikii site also does a lot of their own subtitling and also if you look hard enough they provide soft subs for korean raw files you can d/l from other sites. Other subbing groups and one of the best is from WS2 and Haru Haru.

Here are a couple of other sites you can d/l K-drama files from.

1. AM-Addiction.com - they also offer direct links to the 3 sites I mention that do the english subtitles.

2. Lets-look.com - I believe you must register with this site to see the files. Also the site is in english and french I believe.

Yes you asked for the grand daddy of all dramas. At least when it aired it had a 30% rating and is 134 episodes in length. Very popular historical drama. If you can find it it will be on over 40 dvd-r's if the person recorded 3 episodes per dvd-r. Or if they went the 2 per episode route that would be over almost 70 dvd-r's. All the sites posted above do not have it posted. The only way to get it with subs is from some one who recorded it when it aired in their local area and some places never aired with subs. There is a message board below that has a lending club but you must register to see how you can join their lending club. They claim they have this to borrow from their club.

Korean Drama Group
http://forum.koreandramas.net/

·
Registered
350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo /forum/post/18458629

Actually, my buddy found this computer on his own but wanted my opinion. After looking at several others we agreed that this one is "the best bang for the buck," er, actually $499.98:

http://www.staples.com/Dell-Inspiron...?cmArea=SEARCH

After additional discussion with my CFO it appears that I'll continue using my Dell E510.

Thanks for the info. I saw this posted on some deal sites. Unfortunately Staples does not offer free shipping to my location. Plus it looks like they are out of stock now.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colloquor /forum/post/18448782

I found a decent source of DVD media, somewhat by accident. It's not media that I'd use normally, but in a pinch it's very good. The actual manufacturer of the media is Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (with an Media ID of MCC004). The source? The Aldi discount supermarket chain, which as you may or may not know, is a German-based company - Albrecht Discount. Their Tevion brand DVD+ and DVD- are manufactured by Mitsubishi, and the prices for non-bulk packaging is excellent.

Be careful with those, VERY VERY often cheap media uses fake media IDs to fool both buyers and DVD burners into thinking it's "good" media.

I'm located in the US so have no idea how trustworthy those discs are, but if you have known "real" MCC discs, compare what they look like-- do the dye colors look the same? Patterns of dye? are there any codes stamped in the plastic around the inner hub? Do they follow a similar pattern of codes? etc, etc.

You might want to ask at Cdfreaks.com if anyone has experience with the media as well.

·
Registered
13,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 /forum/post/18461107

Yes you asked for the grand daddy of all dramas. At least when it aired it had a 30% rating and is 134 episodes in length. Very popular historical drama.

I know. I was glued to it, even having to read the sub-titles. I have a wishlist on my TiVo HD set up to scan the guide for D-J-Y. If it is ever broadcast again, I'll get it.

·
Registered
11,577 Posts

Deal of the decade if your Sams has the same pricing as mine,

Verbatim 50 spindle of 2.4x DLs for $39.88

That's $20 off the regular decent price of $59.95

Don't know if they are clearancing out 2.4x(which I'd personally prefer over 8x) or what, but at that price I had 2 then 4 and I finally decided on 3 in my cart. Still $120 but for 150 great DL discs it just couldn't be beat.

Again I'm not guaranteeing all Sams will have this deal but mine(Shakopee MN) probably had 2 dozen spindles after I bought 3.

Now I'm having second thoughts I should have got more for this great price but truthfully I don't use that many DL discs, basically only in my PC.

Good luck

SKU# 65008 made in Singapore

I'm sure this is in-store only, I didn't see it on-line.

Edit: Wow this is the week of DL deals. Office Depot has a 25 spindle of TDK(Memorex
) 8x DLs for $19.99(same price as the Verbs I got) and regular Rs for $19.99/100 and even 4x RWs for $13.99/25. Great prices indeed

·
Banned
9,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/18533023

Deal of the decade if your Sams has the same pricing as mine,

Verbatim 50 spindle of 2.4x DLs for $39.88

That's $20 off the regular decent price of $59.95

Don't know if they are clearancing out 2.4x(which I'd personally prefer over 8x) or what, but at that price I had 2 then 4 and I finally decided on 3 in my cart. Still $120 but for 150 great DL discs it just couldn't be beat.

Again I'm not guaranteeing all Sams will have this deal but mine(Shakopee MN) probably had 2 dozen spindles after I bought 3.

Now I'm having second thoughts I should have got more for this great price but truthfully I don't use that many DL discs, basically only in my PC.

Good luck

SKU# 65008 made in Singapore

I'm sure this is in-store only, I didn't see it on-line.

Edit: Wow this is the week of DL deals. Office Depot has a 25 spindle of TDK(Memorex
) 8x DLs for $19.99(same price as the Verbs I got) and regular Rs for $19.99/100 and even 4x RWs for $13.99/25. Great prices indeed

Pretty decent for the Verbs what with them being under $1 per, but the TDK pricing isn't that great. I got 50 a few weeks back from Amazon for

·
Registered
122 Posts
FWIW... I bought 100 pcs. of Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8X Premium discs from SuperMedia.com, and so far, one and sometimes two out of ten discs are bad. This is my first experience with Taiyo Yuden DVDs and SuperMedia, and so far, it's not been a good one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just noticed your reply of April 10 to my post on the Tevion-branded media distributed by Aldi. I compared them to real Mitsubishi media, and dye colors and patterns, and codes are exactly analogous to the real Mitsubishi (MCC) media. The one thing that's interesting about Aldi, if you're not satisfied with any of their products, whatever it may be, they give you 2X your money back. If they were selling cheap, rip-off media, they would soon learn that it's a losing proposition. They have too much to lose by doing this. I've never had a bad burn with any of the Tevion-branded media, unlike a recent purchase of Taiyo Yuden Premium 8X DVD-R media.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colloquor /forum/post/18541315

FWIW... I bought 100 pcs. of Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8X Premium discs from SuperMedia.com, and so far, one and sometimes two out of ten discs are bad. This is my first experience with Taiyo Yuden DVDs and SuperMedia, and so far, it's not been a good one.

Last October I had two spindles of TY Value Line discs, one TYG02 (8x) and one TYG03 (16x), that had some problematic discs. There are several posts where this was discussed, beginning with this post and continuing with a few other posts to the end of that thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post17350780

·
Registered
122 Posts
My H2160MW9A won't even load the problematic discs. The screen prompt is "Defective Disc." I haven't tried it on a older Panasonic ES10, but it would be interesting. What's frustrating is that TY DVD-R 8X Premium are generally highly-regarded, and recommended on this forum, but I guess any company can have a bad manufacturing run.

·
Registered
11,577 Posts
Note that I found any DVD inserted in a Funai DVDR will no longer record in a Panasonic DVDR. I believe when a unfinalized recordable disc in inserted in the Funai it immediately records the empty title to the disc, because of this the Panasonic balks at the disc until it's been finalized.

So what I'm saying is, don't be suprised if your discs also don't work in your Panasonic, at least if you tried them first in your Maggy.

BTW I checked 2 other Sams clubs today and both had at least a dozen 50 spindles of Verb DL 2.4x +R DVDs for $39.88, one heck of a deal for Verb DLs.

·
Registered
11,577 Posts
I would agree with your link. Since I mostly use - DVDs I didn't have any luck using a couple -R DVDs I had put in a Magnavox 2160a in my Pannys. Of course the -RWs could just be reformatted.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo /forum/post/18543266

Here's how my Philips 3575 (+VR recorder) handled discs between it and my Pio 640, which records in same Video-mode as a Panny.

See Option 2 here.

Wajo,

Finding a functional "Make Recordings Compatible" feature is not necessarily consistent or universal between Funai-built recorders.

I noticed that you mentioned "late model Toshiba" recorders. I assume you mean the Funai-built Toshibas that began appearing in the marketplace in 2006/2007. I've compared some of the Owner's Manuals for 2006 model year Toshiba recorders, finding some recorders were (obviously) Funai-built and some were Toshiba-built.

I've been tinkering with a Funai-built Toshiba D-RW2 (manufactured in February 2006). That entry-level model doesn't have the Make Recordings Compatible feature. It also lacks the 2.5 and 3 hour recording modes. But an entry-level Maganvox MWR10D6 (of October 2006 manufacture) and a PYE PY90DG (of September 2006 manufacture) have the Make Recordings Compatible feature and it is functional as I routinely swap unfinalized discs between those recorders for additional recording or finalizing. Those Magnavox and PYE recorders both have the 2.5 and 3 hour recording modes.

The mystery (for me) was a Sylvania ZV450SL8 (of April 2007 manufacture) that had the Make Recordings Compatible "feature" in the Setup menu under "Recording." The feature could be set to "ON" but the feature was not functional. Buried on page 43 (and perhaps elsewhere) in the Sylvania ZV450SL8 Owners Manual there is this statement, "'Make Recording Compatible' in 'Recording' menu does not work on this unit." I found that true in practice. That Sylvania ZV450SL8, like the earlier Toshiba, also lacked the 2.5 and 3 hour recording modes. By way of comparison a Magnavox ZV450MW8 (of March 2007 manufacture) and a Magnavox ZV450MW8A (of August 2008 manufacture) both have a functional "Make Recordings Compatible" feature, as well as the 2.5 and 3 hour recording modes.

Not all Funai-built recorders are created equal.

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
Diga,

Great info and I assume you know I'll be linking my Option 2 help file to your post for "more detailed info"

Oops. I actually have to link to your post in the Option 1 discussion cuz that's where "Make Rec Compatible" is (between +VR machines) and modify Option 2 text cuz that applies to all +VR machines vs DVD-Video machines (generically incompatible).

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Well, I went to my local Sam's Club, hoping for the 50 +RDLs for $40 deal, but no such luck. Worse yet, it looks like they are dropping Verbatim and switching to Memowrecks.

I just started a new cakebox of 100 Verbs that I bought on sale at Office Max a few weeks back. They are made in the United Arab Emirates! Anyone know if these are up to normal Verb quality? I've burnt four so far, and no coasters.

2121 - 2140 of 3399 Posts