AVS Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 3399 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/19216268

http://www.supermediastore.com/produ...20Hour%20Deals

$25/100 (200 min order) for Ty 8x premium lacquer, through 9/22. Time to grab a couple more spindles.

Yes, I was ready to buy more of these but it looks like this deal was so popular that SMS is now out of stock.

Addendum: Six hours later these now show as in stock. Perhaps they broke open a new container of 9,600 to keep up with the demand. I should have ordered another 1,200 of these but I had to settle for 200.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have never purchased these disks before. When one points to the middle picture on the page, it looks as if there is a lot of writing on all four sides of the DVD. Is this merely the top paper/plastic disk or are all TY disks with a lot of written information on top?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngohit /forum/post/19223524

I have never purchased these disks before. When one points to the middle picture on the page, it looks as if there is a lot of writing on all four sides of the DVD. Is this merely the top paper/plastic disk or are all TY disks with a lot of written information on top?

Taiyo Yuden 8x Premium Line DVD-R discs (as well as TY 16x DVD-R discs) are shiny silver with no labeling whatsoever as seen in the photos. I use a Sharpie to label DVDs as seen in the second photo.

The text you mention is found on the paper insert at the top of the spindle.

·
Registered
675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo /forum/post/19223749

Taiyo Yuden 8x Premium Line DVD-R discs (as well as TY 16x DVD-R discs) are shiny silver with no labeling whatsoever as seen in the photos. I use a Sharpie to label DVDs as seen in the second photo.

The text you mention is found on the paper insert at the top of the spindle.

Thank you. Rather than merely assume, I thought it best to ask.

I use Sharpies, too. A few weeks ago Staples had a $1./4 pack early week deal where I live. I did not really need any at the time, but I bought a pack anyway [1 pack per customer at $1.].

Up to now I have exclusively used Sony DVDs, both DVD-R and -RW, but I am down to 1 1/2 spindles of 50. I **really** loaded up a few years ago when a *hardware* store in a rural area I spend time in during the summer was getting rid of all unrelated to their normal business offerings. They were "Made in Japan" Sonys. Instead of just taking them off the shelf, I asked a salesman if that was all they had. Basically, I cleaned them out. Something like $5-$6/50 spindle. Now it's time to try TY.

BTW, I have had zero Sony coasters. That's going back to the month before I joined this site.

·
Banned
9,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullOnShred /forum/post/19254554

The link below is especially for Spyder696969. I KNOW he will love seeing the words "Memorex DVD+R" and "Archival" in the same sentence.

http://www.officemax.com/clearance/c...oduct-ARS24826

These may very well be the first Memorex discs that are worth anything...provided you melt them down and extract the 0.00000000000001 grams of 24-karat gold.

With a regular cost of $4.20 per disc, it's amazing that these don't have a single review.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My local MicroCenter has a shelf full of Verbatim AZO -R, +R, and DataLifePlus in all spindle sizes on sale. Maybe not the greatest price, but I picked up a 100 count AZO for $20.99.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Has Verbatim overcome that little "problem" they came to have when moving from one manufacturing location to another? Ever since I heard about the quality going down hill, I began avoiding them like the plague.

Are they back to their former quality again?

·
Registered
977 Posts
The Verbatim AZO 16x DVD-R I use give me most excellent burns with my 3 Maggy 3576s, Sylvania HDRV200F, Philips 2160, and my computer burners. The AZO 16x-R I have been buying from newegg (Made in United Arab Emirates) are giving me the highest quality scans I have seen from any of my equipment, better than TY 8x or 16x -Rs, better than the Sony MIJ by TY 8x +R's that were my former title holders. UAE AZO Verbs seems to be outstanding media. I also have very good results from the made in Taiwan 16x-R Verbs. But not as stellar as the UAE stuff.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullOnShred /forum/post/19265144

...Maggy 3576s ... Philips 2160...

Are you sure?

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Do we have a separate thread for bluray media? I need some decent bd 25 R and Re s that will play back on my ps3 after burnt with my lg 1030 writer?

·
Registered
13,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro /forum/post/19265521

Do we have a separate thread for bluray media? I need some decent bd 25 R and Re s that will play back on my ps3 after burnt with my lg 1030 writer?

BD-R burning is still very expensive. Verbatim BD-R are the good ones and they sell for $3 a disk in a 10 pack. Be careful not to be fooled by the low price and mistakenly purchase BD-R LTH unless your burner and target players explicitly state they support BD-R LTH. Most do not, at this time.

·
Registered
11,577 Posts
$14.99 for 100 HP + or -R at Staples this week, normally $54.99

$8.99 for 50, normally $28.99
both are 16x and probably Memorex clones.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Is SuperMediaStore trying to pull a fast one?

I've noticed that SuperMediaStore has changed their links to the JVC TY 8x DVD-R media. Their Product Specification section now shows the media as 50 pack, instead of the usual 100 pack. Although the title still says 100 pack, the specification and even the link URL itself is a 50 pack.

Has anyone ordered from them very recently, and if so, have you received the 50 pack, or 100 pack?

http://www.supermediastore.com/produ...d-r-media-50pk

2301 - 2320 of 3399 Posts