AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been spending the last few days getting the hang of MJ v8... Its going through RC's now and looking good (for me very stable)...

As I have posted I am keen to get some kind of front end skin on it and as such did a reworking and update of the MJ GXR to a GML for Girder and can control the transport functions this way (hopefully to later keep MJ as a player with a new face)... Yesterday I got playing with their 'web remote' plug in and it has real potential...

This is a beta item currently (and they are snowed under getting the v8 release done) but it has great potential to the distributed front end idea that we have long suggested... in fact after getting it working on one box I have fired up the 510 and it works for rudimentary control...

What makes this approach so cool is that it serves up dynamic lists of your artists / albums / whatever from the MJ database and then gives transport controls for them... It looks like the volume controls are broken (I am still using a receiver anyway) but the idea is there...

Unfortunately the plug in is C++ and so I have no way of improving the way the HTML is presented.. I can see enormous potential to a XML / DHTML front end on the 510 controlling one machine with the content...

Just a heads up in case anyone who (like me) did not know this was possible...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.