AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,121 Posts
Hurray! Good thing tho, Sony will keep the exclusive from this greatly talented developper. Good move and happy wedding. Hope it will bring alot more children!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
Good for them. Maybe now people will shut up about how Sony doesn't buy exclusives. Just make sure the next LBP is as innovative as the first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Sony totally blew it with the first LBP. Don't get me wrong - I love the game, and my son is still addicted to it. However, Sony had the opportunity to leverage the cuteness of Sackboy into another Mario or Sonic type of character.


Maybe they will with the next iteration.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
Well I honestly think it's because the game is on the wrong platform. Also because even though it's easy to pick up and play the time and dedication it requires to master to me seems to negate the supposed "casual worthy" cred it desires. It reminds me of Viva Pinata (only a better game): Cute, relatively easy to get into, but a wrong take of what constitutes a "crossover game" (i.e. a game hardcore and casuals can equally enjoy). Plus all the DLC to me is a bit overpriced. Just sayin...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,773 Posts
Anyone know what MM is working on next? Any more LBP level packs? Those are great; costumes and stickers I can live without.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray /forum/post/18235399


However, Sony had the opportunity to leverage the cuteness of Sackboy into another Mario or Sonic type of character.

I'm not so sure. I think giving Sackboy an identity like Mario or Sonic would mean maintaining much stricter control over the content included in user-created levels; you would have the Play, but you'd be limited with regard to the Create and Share. To use MMOs as an analogy, Mario and Sonic are like World of Warcraft, while LBP is more like Second Life.


I will agree that Sony could have done more in positioning LBP as a system-selling title. Everything from the TV commercials to the kiosk demos could have been done better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster /forum/post/18236209


Anyone know what MM is working on next? Any more LBP level packs? Those are great; costumes and stickers I can live without.

They hinted at more level packs here .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle /forum/post/18236839


I will agree that Sony could have done more in positioning LBP as a system-selling title. Everything from the TV commercials to the kiosk demos could have been done better.

I was specifically envisioning merchandising. Europe got hard plastic sackboys. Sony sold a different version of a cheapo-plush sackboy here in the states that was included in a LBP themed PSP accessory kit.


It could have been so much more.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top