AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the best way to connect my windows Media PC.

I know that I could easily run a DVI to HDMI cable from the HTPC video card and run it to HDMI 2 on the back of my panasoni ae4000 projector and then run the optical cable to the denon from the HTPC sound card but id rather not have to run another HDMI cable to the the projector if I have to.

Is it possible to have sound and video from the computer to go through the denon?? Can I tell the denon to use HDMI 4 (of whatever free port I have available) for picture and optical for sound only when using HDMI 4??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/20861511

Yup. Assign the optical input to the same source name used for the HDMI input and change the INPUT MODE to "Digital."

For answers to more questions about your 3311, join us in the Denon 3311 Owner's thread.

awesome thanks...was hoping it would do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud2 /forum/post/20864668

If you want to do it with one cable you can get a video card that carries HDMI sound. You can get then for$50 or $75 now.

I like this option better. Will probably look into this option in the future as I built this computer over 3 years ago and its about time for a upgrade this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.