AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so maybe Im confusing myself with my latest addition of adding the ceton tuner card but here it goes.

I turned my PC into a server, quad core amd 2.2 ghz, 8 gb ram, 8 tb storage, 250 gb for the OS which is win 7 ultimate 64bit, currently has the 2400 hd xt grpahics card and hauppage 2250 tuner card.

I rip all my dvds to mkv using makemkv and use sharks 007 pack to have them play on the 360s pretty well. Also record shows and watch tv no problem using the 360's basically as my cable boxes at the tvs they are connected to.

I ordered the ceton card and the cox cablecard figuriing it would be easy as everything else so far has been.

Not the case, found out my graphics card doesnt pass the dca in MC.

So i started thinking, if i upgrade my gpu to a gt430 ill get great sound improvement.

to take advanatge of that sound improvement on the 360's is there anything I need to do to ensure i get the highest quality sound to the 360 that is hooked up to my onkyo-608? or should the wired gigabit be enough as long as the pc/media server is set correctly?

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i dont have codecs set right on the pc, the xbox wont play the file. so id assume the same is with the audio part of the file. meaning if i change setting on the pc it would pass to the xbox. or is it always going to be dolby digital because that all the xbox can do? and not worry about sound until i build a htpc client?

·
Registered
864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddysteddy8150 /forum/post/20842600

if i dont have codecs set right on the pc, the xbox wont play the file. so id assume the same is with the audio part of the file. meaning if i change setting on the pc it would pass to the xbox. or is it always going to be dolby digital because that all the xbox can do? and not worry about sound until i build a htpc client?

the sound will be DD no matter what card, the codecs have nothing to do with the hardware in this case.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'd just do DCA override if the PC is just going to be a media server.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts