AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a WS-55315 HDTV and I cannot seem to get my MSI Wind PC to output a VGA signal that'll be accepted (via a VGA->DVI adapter) by the TV. I've been messing around with powerstrip and even found a post on avforums from someone who had my exact tv, they even posted powerstrip specs that didn't end up working on my end.

Aside from continuing to find good powerstrip settings, if any exist, is there anything I can purchase to convert the signal for me? Any devices that conveniently have a VGA input it can pass along to the TV? I see lots of high end VGA -> Component converters but they all seem in the $100+ range. Any $50 or less solutions out there? Thanks

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Wrong product for what you are trying to do. The TV only accepts DVI-D, which can't come from a VGA port. You need a box that has HDMI/DVI-D output. You might be able to use a VGA to 5 RCA cord and connect to RGBHV (DTV input). This may require a lot of fiddling to get the VGA port to pump out 1920 x1080i, VGA ports don't like to run interlaced signals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech571 /forum/post/18240283

Wrong product for what you are trying to do. The TV only accepts DVI-D, which can't come from a VGA port. You need a box that has HDMI/DVI-D output. You might be able to use a VGA to 5 RCA cord and connect to RGBHV (DTV input). This may require a lot of fiddling to get the VGA port to pump out 1920 x1080i, VGA ports don't like to run interlaced signals.

Would I be able to use that RGBHV cable? I know the onboard GFX card on the Wind PC only goes up to 1600x1200, so would my only option by 480i with that set?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts