Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone can help me. I am trying to use MPC to playback DVD's

on my PC and hopefully get it to use ffdshow for video processing. At the moment

I cannot get MPC to work at all. I downloaded the latest version from sourceforge MPC 6.4.8.4 and when I try to open a DVD it crashes everytime. I unistalled

Windows Media Player thinking that there may be a conflict but it still does not work. After downloading the zip file MPC is basically a stand alone executable which I put in directory. Not sure why it does not have a setup program or why it does not work.

For DVD's I am currently using Windvd6 which works well.

thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Are you trying to get MPC to use WinDVD decoders?

Does anyone know if that will work?

I do know it works with Dscaler5 decoders.

Can you play other video files (mpeg, xvid, dvix) in MPC without problems?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yes my preferred decoder is Windvd 6. I do not have dscaler on my system.

FYI the error report after the crash of MPC sites the following:

ModName: dcdspfilter.ax

ModVer: 0.9.2.0

Offset: 000028db

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried installing latest version of dscaler5 and it still fails with the same error. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know anything about dc-dsp filter, but you can find some info with google. It might have been installed with some other software if you did not intentionally.

Can you disable dc-dsp filter and then try?

MPC has an Overrides section where you can stop if from loading, but if you know another way to change dc-dsp settings, try that first.

Does MPC crash when playing anything other than a DVD?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried to open a mp3 file and I am getting a crash with the same error.

Found this on ZP website

DC-DSP Filter is an Win32 Audio Transform Filter for Microsofts DirectShow System written in Object Pascal (Delphi). It Supports 8/16 Bit PCM and 32Bit IEEE Float Data. Features are: Equalizer, 3D Sound, WinAmp Visual and DSP Plugins, True Bass, Dynamic Amplification and more.

So I guess it is crashing due to some audio problem?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it...................

I had to disable the built in audio switcher filter under the options filter tab........

Now its time to tweak because my ffdshow simple resize, which works with ZP, is causing 100% CPU usage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.