AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a TV media player out there that support subs like this and can display them like that

I need a media player that I can just plug in the TV not work by a media server, because I have a crap computer, so I'm looking for a media player that I can just plug in to TV

·
Registered
891 Posts
How many times has this subject been brought up already? Get a Popcorn Hour A210-and please don't ask why. I watch fansubbed anime and it is currently the best device for it unless you want to go the bs htpc route. END OF CONVERSATION.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster
I have the nixeus fusion hd and it supports the subtitles for Anime

here is an Animie site the reviewed it with screen shots showing subs especially for Anime...
http://www.absoluteanime.com/reviews...htm#nmp_nixeus

And you can buy it from AMAZOn

http://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-NX-1000...5124016&sr=8-1

Or New Egg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...001&Tpk=nixeus
Hi, I'm interested. Does it show translated sign subtitles in the right place too? Like if there is a sign in the midle of the screen and it has been translated is the translation near the sign?

Can you hook up that device with wires too, because my internet is only 10/1 and my computer is super crap.

Does it support 1080p mkv flac files...? Bluray rips

Does it support 10bit animes or even higher?

For the subs I mean if there is a sign like in that picture or a note does it show in the right place and if texts are colored are they colored for the color they are originally?

Well Guess I have to give up... This player isn't available in Europe... -_-

·
Registered
567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankes /forum/post/20905577

Hi, I'm interested. Does it show translated sign subtitles in the right place too? Like if there is a sign in the midle of the screen and it has been translated is the translation near the sign?

Can you hook up that device with wires too, because my internet is only 10/1 and my computer is super crap.

Does it support 1080p mkv flac files...? Bluray rips

Does it support 10bit animes or even higher?

For the subs I mean if there is a sign like in that picture or a note does it show in the right place and if texts are colored are they colored for the color they are originally?

Well Guess I have to give up... This player isn't available in Europe... -_-

It does support all that stuff if the text files are either embeded in the MKV file or Blu-Ray RIP or in a subtitle folder.... It does what you are looking except it doesn't have a Movie JukeBox with cover art and it cannot play blu-ray ISO with full menus.... it does play blu-ray iso lite...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sorry to get so teed off-but here's the scoop on the PCH A210-the nexes fusion can dispaly subtitles in an mkv-but so can a million other media players. The A210 can display ass/ssa subtitles like your shot-with the effects, etc. It's not perfect but does a very good job. About the only way you'd have better sub dispaly would be an htpc running a software player.

·
Registered
19,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb /forum/post/20912327

Sorry to get so teed off-but here's the scoop on the PCH A210-the nexes fusion can dispaly subtitles in an mkv-but so can a million other media players. The A210 can display ass/ssa subtitles like your shot-with the effects, etc. It's not perfect but does a very good job. About the only way you'd have better sub dispaly would be an htpc running a software player.

I gathered that- Considering the Popbox is just a stripped down A210, that's why I'm asking if it can also support it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Boxee Box does a pretty good job with stylized subtitles along with the effects and special fonts. It costs more and has a lot of other issues, including being buggy as all hell but it does the best job with my fansubbed anime plus it allows for a Movie and TV show library with cover art and metadata so I'm sticking with it until something better comes along or these players with XBMC integrated actually materialize.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I tried a BB and the performance on ass/ssa subs was much worse than the A210-so for anime fansubs the A210 is currently the best thing out there right now. Basically the BB is super crappy.

·
Registered
372 Posts
When did you try it? Because it was pretty terrible a while back but they fixed a JIRA issue someone put in and it has been pretty good for me since. I see all the weird fonts and special move name animated words and karaoke effects on the anime I watch.

Maybe I'm not as perceptive as I think I am or I'm not watching much anime with crazy over the top effects but if there's one thing I can commend the Boxee Box on its how it handles anime subs especially coming from a WDTV Live that would just ignore one of the subtitles if more than one played at the same time such as when someone spoke and there was a translation for a sign.

I have a lot of gripes with the Boxee Box, but how it handles anime doesn't seem to be one for me right now. Hopefully it stays that way after 10 bit encoding becomes more popular since the Boxee team is pretty good on pushing updates for JIRA issues users create.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I also play these subs just fine on the Boxee Box. No problems with high ref frames either. As already mentioned, the real crying will start when everyone moves to 10 bit.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the ATV2 with XBMC can also play these files. Just don't expect any hardware miracles with high ref frames.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.