AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm coming to the right place, but I can't seem to get the answers that I'm looking for. HELP!

I have a movie collection that I would like to consolodate onto a hard drive NFTS format so I don't have to shrink the file or slice to 4GB segments.

I have no interest in streaming the media wirelessly, but rather play directly from some 2TB hard drives that I bought.

It needs to play either MKV or VOB from BlueRay and HD-DVD

That's all I really want it to do, I have a PS3 for Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnlc /forum/post/19648170

I know I'm coming to the right place, but I can't seem to get the answers that I'm looking for. HELP!

I have a movie collection that I would like to consolodate onto a hard drive NFTS format so I don't have to shrink the file or slice to 4GB segments.

I have no interest in streaming the media wirelessly, but rather play directly from some 2TB hard drives that I bought.

It needs to play either MKV or VOB from BlueRay and HD-DVD

That's all I really want it to do, I have a PS3 for Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Thanks!

Question regarding your request:

These hard drives - are they going to be in a server to be streaming over a wired network?, external USB hard drives, or you want to install the hard drives inside the media players?

Media Players I know for sure can play the files you are requesting:

Popcorn Hour A-200, A-210, and C-200

Dunes

Nixeus Fusion HD

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster /forum/post/19656284

Question regarding your request:

These hard drives - are they going to be in a server to be streaming over a wired network?, external USB hard drives, or you want to install the hard drives inside the media players?

Media Players I know for sure can play the files you are requesting:

Popcorn Hour A-200, A-210, and C-200

Dunes

Nixeus Fusion HD

Thanks for the reply. I got antsy and bought the WD Live Plus and it does what I want for the most part. I have a 2TB hard drive that I hook up directly to the WDLive+ and it plays MKV files from BR and HDDVD jsut fine.

My only complaint is that it doesn't output DTS MA/True DD. Are there any that will play the actual HD audio from the MKV file.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.