AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After I did a little search on Google, I found that the Xtreamer Prodigy 3D will come out in November 2011 and it has the Realtek’s 1186 chip clocked at 750MHz and has 1.4 HDMI that can do 3D.

I don't know if it can do full 3D .iso though. I hope it does.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'd express some scepticism when you hear claims from Xtreamer they have a reputation for sketchy marketing.

It might be Xtreamers player does play the Blu-ray in 3D but with no proper menu support as it only supports BD-lite menus.

Sigma Designs next generation players due in the next few months will handle Blu-ray 3D with full menu support but are also very likely to come with Cinavia DRM.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
The Sigma SMP8910 is supposed to be the first Sigma players that can handle Blu-ray 3D. My guess though you won't see these players start to hit until at some point mid 2012

As far as the Xtreamer Prodigy I would personally wait until 3rd parties confirm it supports Blu-ray 3D

Also, there is no guarantee that the SMP8910 players will come with Cinavia. Cinavia is required for commercial blu-ray players. This does apply to media players that cannot function as a commercial blu-ray player (i.e. play back a physical disc via a ROM drive)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.