AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning.


I am on a small budget this month for a media player that can play not just all types of the current media files but 1080p MKVs with DTS-HD and TRue-HD audio. These files wiil be large between 10-25GB and stored on a NAS with Wired Connections . Wireless is not an option but the quality of the playback and portability of the media player is a great plus.


I've been looking around and found the Xtreamer Sidewinder 2 and Prodigy to be a good match but with all the delays of these media players, I can't wait any longer.


So what other players out there under $200.00 will fit my needs?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I decided on the a-210. Very close to picking the popbox but the a-210 had some extra stuff that the FusionHD and the Popbox did not have. One of them was the backilit remote that i need since i have a very dark media room. That was a plus. Also other features within the UI and hardware design.


Either way they all look like great players but i think this one is the one i've been looking for.


Only3 left at Amazon.com . Since i'm a prime member, i recieved a shipping fee of 3 dollars for next day. Not Bad.


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Good for you. Wish Amazon had the A-210's a few months ago. Ordered direct from popcornhour.com and had to pay $20 shipping, and wait 3 weeks for delivery from China.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn! My Package was stolen off my front porch. I can't believe this. I 've had alot of packages delivered in the past and none have ever been stolen. The Courier has confirmed that the package was delivered.


Anyway, i called amazon and they agreed to send me another one but guess what?


OUT OF STOCK!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
^^ Feel Sorry for you... same thing happen to me last year plus they stole a pair of hard to find designer brand shoes I left on my porch...I have AMAZON prime too... now I have all my toys delivered to my office at work = guranteed delivery by noon....


Also I checked yesterday on AMAZON and the A-210 was sold out since yesterday night...sometimes those AMAZON marked shipping boxes are a dead give away that there is something cool inside...
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,543 Posts
I hate the delivery companies. they have no problem leaving a $1k item at the door when a signature is supposed required and the box also shows what's in it which might make it tempting for someone. But when I get a $50 item or even a $10 item they won't leave it at the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well im still looking for a player here. I was thinking about getting the c200 but it has bad reviews. I need a player that does all the above and has a backlit remote. Any good players out there that have this?
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,543 Posts
My C200 works great. Back in Dec. 2009 I purchased a C200 and several Dunes. i sold the Dunes and kept the C200 since I like the UI better and it was more versatile for my use. I can hook up a USB BD ROM drive to play directly from discs if I want or I stream the BD ISOs over my Network. And it could do Full BD menus and BD lite menus as well(The Dune only recently started offering BD Lite menus) And since I only rip full BD ISOs, before the Dune change, you were forced to always view all the trailers etc, while with the C200 I could just put in in BD lite mode and the movie will just start playing.

But the Dune is supposed to also have a BD lite mode now so that isn't an issue plus the Dune has a newer line which is expandable so they have made some big improvements in design.


For me, I've been pleased with my C200. Although I don't use it as much as I did a year ago since I mainly use my Boxee Boxes now. I still have to use my C200 in full BD menu mode for those titles that don't work right with BD lite.

Although if the A210 would have been available back in 2009 I would have purchased that(assuming you can still connect an external BD ROM drive to it)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow1234 /forum/post/0


Well im still looking for a player here. I was thinking about getting the c200 but it has bad reviews. I need a player that does all the above and has a backlit remote. Any good players out there that have this?

Can you please let me know where the bad reviews are posted? I'd like to read and confirm their validity for my self. I did an extensive search not to long ago for a new media streamer and narrowed it down to two: popcorn hour and dune. In the end, I opted for the c200 popcorn hour. It has been nothing less than phenomenal in performance and features. In only wished that I had bought it sooner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget-zilla /forum/post/20875846


Can you please let me know where the bad reviews are posted? I'd like to read and confirm their validity for my self. I did an extensive search not to long ago for a new media streamer and narrowed it down to two: popcorn hour and dune. In the end, I opted for the c200 popcorn hour. It has been nothing less than phenomenal in performance and features. In only wished that I had bought it sooner.

Not speaking for OP, but my guess is Amazon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amazon is correct. Even though with all the negative reviews i went ahead and ordered it. This time i made sure i was home at time of delivery since my last package was stolen. Anyway i received my unit next day and Amazon was kind enough to refund me for the other stolen package.


As far as the C-200 goes, i'm still messing around with it. I had some network setup issues with my current gigabit switch to the C200 since it was incompabtible with the unit but oh well. Hey does anyone know where to get the latest skins for the UI? Is the Eversion Flash Based YAMJ the latest?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow1234 /forum/post/20880838


Amazon is correct. Even though with all the negative reviews i went ahead and ordered it. This time i made sure i was home at time of delivery since my last package was stolen. Anyway i received my unit next day and Amazon was kind enough to refund me for the other stolen package.


As far as the C-200 goes, i'm still messing around with it. I had some network setup issues with my current gigabit switch to the C200 since it was incompabtible with the unit but oh well. Hey does anyone know where to get the latest skins for the UI? Is the Eversion Flash Based YAMJ the latest?


Thanks

Yep from here....

http://www.dentedboxes.com/doku.php/yamj:install


Sean
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top