AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HTPC that I finally placed in my media room connected to a new pj. The problem I'm having is that the PC causes interference with the tuner and i lose all FM signals except the local station. I have an indoor FM antenna connected to a Yamaha RX-V1 via coax. The HTPC runs an ASUS P4B533E mobo with an Intel P4 @ 2.26Ghz. The video card is a Radeon 8500 DV and I have a revo 7.1 sound card plus the sound card built into the mobo.

I never noticed this problem when the HTPC was sitting next to my Denon receiver on the main floor of the house. It only started when I moved it into the media closet in the basement and put it on a shelf just above the new Yamaha RX-V1.

Anyone have any suggestions about how to deal with this problem?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Try making a few sandwich layers of aluminum foil and construction paper (a faraday cage) underneath your HTPC and make sure that your antenna is underneath the HTPC.

Could also be some interference with the wiring so make sure that your power cords are separated and spaced away from your signal lines and try to isolate your video line away from everything else also.

You could also invest in some ferrite's to further isolate RF noise.

Hope this helps you.

peace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.