AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hopefully someone will know what the problem is and offer advice. Please HELP!

Problem:

When streaming TV Series from the NAS to Bluray players; SAMSUNG 8900F and 6100, using MKV format there is audio stutter in an on/off fashion which produces a tack-tack-tack like sound.

Notes:

• File collection is complete
  • Episodes are of same length.
  • Files are of varying sizes; 1.3GB - 2.3GB
  • Video always works as expected
  • Sound stutters from smaller files.
  • These files play on PC without problems

Thoughts:

Audio is compressed for all but 2 episodes which work fine

'Broken' files need tracks to be retimed (somehow) so to 'decompress' audio

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rose  /t/1508567/media-server-mybooklive-wd-streaming-series-audio-stutter#post_24135911

Hi, hopefully someone will know what the problem is and offer advice. Please HELP!

Problem:

When streaming TV Series from the NAS to Bluray players; SAMSUNG 8900F and 6100, using MKV format there is audio stutter in an on/off fashion which produces a tack-tack-tack like sound.

Notes:
  • File collection is complete
  • Episodes are of same length.
  • Files are of varying sizes; 1.3GB - 2.3GB
  • Video always works as expected
  • Sound stutters from smaller files.
  • These files play on PC without problems

Thoughts:

Audio is compressed for all but 2 episodes which work fine

'Broken' files need tracks to be retimed (somehow) so to 'decompress' audio

What program are you using to encode your mkv files? I have owned the WD My Book Live - 2TB since mid-October and combined with the WDTV Live (3rd generation) it's been flawless streaming DVD files generally in 3-6 GB range. I use the free beta program MakeMKV to backup my DVD's and so far it's done a fine job with everything. One question: what's the reason for compressing the audio?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts