AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Most media streamers attach to a preamp/processor or audio/video reciever that handle the duties of zoning. It is for this reason that the media streaming manufacturers do not build in this functionality.

·
Registered
42 Posts
JRiverr does it through software. So if you happen to have a pile of old receivers lying around and have a decent computer that you can install it on, then you can route any and all of your sound and VIDEO devices to where you want them to be.

I have 5 zones in my house, I actually have 5 receivers but I use 4. My Denon for Video in which I output to 2 different HDMI inputs in which I then run Ethernet to my theater in my basement and a plasma upstairs. Yes you can run HDMI over ethernet (http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=8122&gclid=CLOZpJSsvswCFQEmhgodshcLcA) and it works fantastically. Then I have COAX or SPDIF out of the computer routed to one reciever, I have a Presonus Audiobox as another and a Focusrite as another output. The remote isn't the prettiest but it works fantastically. Just like Sonos except WAY cheaper (since I already had everything)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.