AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to rip my Schindler's List, which is on 2 discs.

With 2 MKV files in the folder, MediaBrowser does not download the metadata. With a single MKV file in there, the metadata is good.

Anyone know how to best handle this situation?

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Boulanger /forum/post/20803368

With 2 MKV files in the folder, MediaBrowser does not download the metadata. With a single MKV file in there, the metadata is good.

I just put the in that same folder and MB/WMC will start playing the other file automatically when the first ends. From another site:

Quote:
If you call them Moviename Part 1 and Moviename Part 2 and put them in the movie directory Media Browser will just play them sequentially. You just press play or resume as usual. Apart from a slight hiccup when it changes file you won't notice.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Boulanger /forum/post/20803368

probably the easiest way is to use mkvmerge to create 1 mkv out of both files. add the first file, then use the append button to add the second, then mux them into a single mkv.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that worked great. You know, I had tried that program but in my haste I hit "Add" to attach the 2nd MKV and when the resulting MKV ended prematurely I assumed it didn't work. User error.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glc001 /forum/post/20803456

probably the easiest way is to use mkvmerge to create 1 mkv out of both files. add the first file, then use the append button to add the second, then mux them into a single mkv.

Heh, that would make about a 60gb MKV file for my LotR bluray rips. Eeek.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts