AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 4196 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine's coming from the same place as yours: globalcomputer.com; as soon as I get it, I plan to install the firmware upgrade and start checking it out!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just searched globalcomputer(dot)com and cannot find the MG-35. Can you give me the link?

I own the MG-25 and love it. I've been looking for the MG-35 for a while with no luck finding anyone outside of Australia selling it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I've been searching, but haven't found the info, even on the manufacturer's website. What chipset does the Mediagate-35 use?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASEYATBT /forum/post/0

Nevermind, I found it for $129, they say they are getting them in Sept 22.

jc

For $129? Are you sure you didn't make a typo and meant closer to $229?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlnluck /forum/post/0

I've been searching, but haven't found the info, even on the manufacturer's website. What chipset does the Mediagate-35 use?

Sigma 8511.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fanatic /forum/post/0

For $129? Are you sure you didn't make a typo and meant closer to $229?

I ordered it when it said $129, I checked today and they raised it to $199. I don't know if they will honor the $129 price I ordered it at.

jc

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASEYATBT /forum/post/0

I ordered it when it said $129, I checked today and they raised it to $199. I don't know if they will honor the $129 price I ordered it at.

jc

Wow -- I can't even find it on their website -- I special ordered it through Bob at Globalcomputer.com

·
Registered
903 Posts
Damn, I should have ordered one when I had the chance!! It used to be that technology became cheaper over time. Now it seems to be the opposite!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I just checked your link. Shop4tech is now selling the MG-35 for $249... Ouch.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has anyone received their MG-35 yet from globalcomputer.com (or any other US supplier)? I thought they were supposed to be shipping by now.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The MG-35 units from globalcomputer have cleared customs (presumably on the 13th) and will be in their warehouses on Monday. Apparently they will be issuing call tags for drop-shipment directly from their California warehouse. Bob said that since I'm in San Jose, that I should get my order faster this way instead of waiting for the units to arrive at the Illinois warehouse.

Of note...Bob has been asking me about other units such as the TVIX as well as a more recently surfaced Ximeta Mediashare mini. It sure sounds like more and more of these units are making it to US shores. I was thinking that these units were kind of "illegal" because of the way they took the unencrypted DVD stream and sent it around a network. Of course, I'm hoping that they all play IFOs and not just VOB files.

I'll keep you posted on the MG-35

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtseng /forum/post/0

The MG-35 units from globalcomputer have cleared customs (presumably on the 13th) and will be in their warehouses on Monday. Apparently they will be issuing call tags for drop-shipment directly from their California warehouse. Bob said that since I'm in San Jose, that I should get my order faster this way instead of waiting for the units to arrive at the Illinois warehouse.

Of note...Bob has been asking me about other units such as the TVIX as well as a more recently surfaced Ximeta Mediashare mini. It sure sounds like more and more of these units are making it to US shores. I was thinking that these units were kind of "illegal" because of the way they took the unencrypted DVD stream and sent it around a network. Of course, I'm hoping that they all play IFOs and not just VOB files.

I'll keep you posted on the MG-35

This is really outstanding news. I can't wait to receive mine.

I think that playing IFO's is crucial. If it is just VOBs, there are multiple solutions available. On the other hand, if the MG-35 lives up to its hype, it should solve all my current needs.

·
Registered
697 Posts
On a whim, I typed in my order number on globalcomputer.com's order status. Bob told me that I wouldn't be able to track my order online, but it definitely pulls up in the system. I just can't log in to see tracking information because I don't have a customer account set up in the system. But the order status definitely says "To Drop Shipper" and mentions "7 to 10 days" for arrival time.

I'm going to try to get a tracking number from Bob tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a wireless version of this?

I am very interested in the product but dont have a network in my apartment.

I would like to use wireless to upload the media files to the drive.

thx

wz

·
Registered
697 Posts
I believe there are wireless versions up and coming. I think wireless would work fine with accessing media files (streaming video, etc), but uploading files might still best be done with the USB 2.0 interface. I'm not even sure what size HD comes inside the MG-35. Maybe no HD at all! I'm planning on using it with my NAS anyway.

1 - 20 of 4196 Posts