AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,


I just bought the new ASROCK Nettop ION 330 and plan to use this as my HTPC. I've currently installed windows xp SP3 (32 bit) on it and it works great. I plan to use mediaportal on this to stream my movies/music etc. I can understand that since media portal is so powerful it has tons of settings which can seem intimidating to newbies like me
I read the excellent sticky by daMaster on setting up media portal, however I still have a few issues which hopefully some of you can help with.


1. I have an ATI remote wonder remote . I've installed the drivers for this and also downloaded the plugin for media portal from here I've done what they have asked but can't for the life of me understand the instructions in remote.txt which says
Quote:
Test document



1. Make sure the plugin is imported and enabled in the ATI remote wonder control panel.


2. Setup the "mode" to "test" in MediaPortal.ini under [general] section.


3. Keep this document in foreground.


4. Press key on remote to try out the mapping.

I've done the steps above, however, all I get when I press any button on the remote is that it is currently not assigned, perhaps I'm too stupid
Also included in the plugin is some example keymap.xml and the author recommends the steps below before using this file
Quote:
This is my ini file.

In ordr to make it working with mediaportal I;ve changed some

default keys in the setup.

so if you want to restore your old keys, make a backup of your

keymap.xml


!! I have the Remotewonder 2 and do not use the TV plugin ( but use the mykeys plugin)

Again, I can't find any existing keymap.xml, where do I copy the included keymap.xml file?


How can I configure media portal to use my remote wonder? There is some Start/Stop learning in the remote configuration page, which I have no idea what it is all about. Can some kind soul please enlighten a dumb noob



2. Also, I'm trying to setup Moving pictures, however most of my movies are dvd rips as ISO images (much easier for me to manage than folders). However, these don't show up when I import them into moving pictures. I also tried adding .iso and .ISO to the list of video extensions


3. The video location only allows to check 1 box, however, I have media on multiple external hard drives. So how can I select multiple locations?


4. How can I add amazon.com/amazon.co.uk to the list of movie information? I know Movie collector automatically gets information for titles only released in UK from amazon.co.uk.


Sorry I know these are too many questions, but I really hope someone can help


Thanks in advance
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,620 Posts
It's been a long time since I retired my RW (had both a 1 & 2) for the Hauppauge, but you have to open the RW icon in the system tray (or ATi MultiMedia Center from your Start/Programs) and do a configure. Inside the RW-configure is where you have the MP plugin -- you must add it, then use a check box to enable it. That's about all the I recall about getting it working. I find the Hauppauge remote has more mainstream buttons and a good variety of buttons assigned.


I don't use the MyPictures or those plug-ins, but I watch .iso files simply by having Deamon tools selected in the MP-Config and (as you said) adding .iso to the Video filetypes. I ADD the various drives under Video folders and browse between them using my remote in full screen mode. Not quite as flashy but it works! Oh, and I use MyVideos to watch anything except recorded TV (which is under MyTV).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Yeh you have to add the iso extention to mediaportal in the config otherwise moving pictures wont be able to see it. As for folders I'm pretty sure you can add as many different folders as you want in moving pictures, I think the tick is just for the default one or something but I'm not 100% on this.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hornfeck /forum/post/16850580


It's been a long time since I retired my RW (had both a 1 & 2) for the Hauppauge, but you have to open the RW icon in the system tray (or ATi MultiMedia Center from your Start/Programs) and do a configure. Inside the RW-configure is where you have the MP plugin -- you must add it, then use a check box to enable it. That's about all the I recall about getting it working. I find the Hauppauge remote has more mainstream buttons and a good variety of buttons assigned.

Thanks for that, I've tried doing those steps, enabled the mediaportal plugin. The remote does work, however, it acts a bit weird for example jumping skipping an item in the list when you press the up/down arrow. Also I can't figure out what the other buttons are assigned to, so except for play/pause and stop none of the other buttons work reliably
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hornfeck /forum/post/16850580


I don't use the MyPictures or those plug-ins, but I watch .iso files simply by having Deamon tools selected in the MP-Config and (as you said) adding .iso to the Video filetypes. I ADD the various drives under Video folders and browse between them using my remote in full screen mode. Not quite as flashy but it works! Oh, and I use MyVideos to watch anything except recorded TV (which is under MyTV).

I have selected daemon tools in the MP config and it does load iso files in videos, not in moving pictures though even after adding the .iso extension in the video extensions. Is there some other place I need to add the .iso extension?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfool1 /forum/post/16850882


Yeh you have to add the iso extention to mediaportal in the config otherwise moving pictures wont be able to see it. As for folders I'm pretty sure you can add as many different folders as you want in moving pictures, I think the tick is just for the default one or something but I'm not 100% on this.

Thanks, as I mentioned in the previous post, I have added the .iso in the video extensions but moving pictures still doesn't pick up the iso image file
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,620 Posts
INSIDE the MP-Config, Remotes and then your ATi tab, you can drive down into the MAP / "learn" which will show each button and what it's going to do under each view. I know the Hauppauge has adjustments for sensitivity inside MP but not sure on the X10-ATi. There may be some in the RW application where you added the MP plug-in... I knew there was another reason I'd switched to the Hauppauge :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hornfeck /forum/post/16851149


INSIDE the MP-Config, Remotes and then your ATi tab, you can drive down into the MAP / "learn" which will show each button and what it's going to do under each view. I know the Hauppauge has adjustments for sensitivity inside MP but not sure on the X10-ATi. There may be some in the RW application where you added the MP plug-in... I knew there was another reason I'd switched to the Hauppauge :)

Thanks for that, that is what I had done. I did select X10-ATI and enabled RF controller (channel 16) which is the one my remote was transmitting on. I went through the remote section in the mediaportal manual which clearly mentioned that I need to disable ATI software. It worked a bit more reliably after that. However, as you mentioned the ATI remote is indeed poorly laid out. Which remote do you recommend? Some suggest the microsoft MCE remote, however I can't seem to purchase these anywhere and again mediaportal clearly states that only certain brand of MCE remotes are supported out of the box . I tried to look for hauppage however, I can't find a remote only option since I believe this comes bundled with the TV tuner card.


Can you please recommend a good remote which will work reliably (like a dvd player for example)



I also managed to sort out the Moving pictures and .iso files. For some reason it would not register the .iso extension. So even though I thought I had added this it wasn't there. I had to restart the configuration screen (after adding the extension) and then the files were picked up fine by moving pictures
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
I have 2 x Firefly RF remotes http://store.snapstream.com/firefly.html that came bundled with my BTV licenses and tuners. Works great with Media Portal. Lots of guys have exotic setups using event ghost, Girder etc. I just use the default profiles and edit them to tweak.


BB
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top